English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't United's goal off that Italian dude's hand?

Yes, but it wasn't deliberate and was going in already off his chest. To be honest - if Drogba's didn't stand then we might still have lost 1-0. Difference is that we would only have needed one goal to draw, not two, so the poor decision cost us.

More ball to hand than hand to ball. Even if the ball didn't touch his hand, it would've gone in off his body, and if the idiot linesman at the other end could see, Drogba's goal would've been ruled offside - two players, not just one - how could you miss that? A draw and we're still one point clear of Chelski, but now they're two clear with five to go - we have been royally screwed by officials against Chelski this year. Two stinkers at Stamford Bridge - one of which was a stonewall penalty for us - we would've otherwise got a draw out of that, and then yesterday's nonsense.

Hopefully, Chelski will get theirs in the upcoming games.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

More ball to hand than hand to ball. Even if the ball didn't touch his hand, it would've gone in off his body, and if the idiot linesman at the other end could see, Drogba's goal would've been ruled offside - two players, not just one - how could you miss that? A draw and we're still one point clear of Chelski, but now they're two clear with five to go - we have been royally screwed by officials against Chelski this year. Two stinkers at Stamford Bridge - one of which was a stonewall penalty for us - we would've otherwise got a draw out of that, and then yesterday's nonsense.

Hopefully, Chelski will get theirs in the upcoming games. I understand about decisions evening out over a season, but all these decisions came against one team!

:happy And that's the Toon back in the Premiership, where we belong :happy

Been an awesome season by the lads, hopefully they build on this and give a nice solid performance next season :)

Yeah, they deserve the promotion back into the top flight. Its been a stellar comeback in the CC for them.

Our 2-1 win over Stockport yesterday secured us a play-off place. :) Just 9 points from our last 6 games will secure automatic promotion.

Great that the Magpies will be in the premiership next season. Defender Steven Taylor will/should be involved in the national squad post world cup i'd say.

Congrats to Newcastle on regaining their Premiership status - it's where they belong and we've had some epic matches against them!

Congrats to Newcastle on regaining their Premiership status - it's where they belong and we've had some epic matches against them!

They only "belong" there if they get enough points to stay up. No club belongs in the Premiership. NO CLUB.

Looking forward to more deluded Newcastle fans saying they should be in Europe next season:sarcasm

I'll freely admit the fans can go a bit too far at times. I've been at St James and fallen out with Geordies over aspects of our club. At the Forrest match, a fan didn't like it that I didn't take him seriously when he said we should be aiming for Europe. Anywhere, mid-table and I'm happy, and please no stupid Owen like signings this summer Newcastle!!!

Also, I doubt Taylor will be staying with Newcastle over the summer. Same with Coloccini and Barton as apparently Ashley wants a limit on wages being paid.

If Newcastle make Europe next season i'll give the next 5 members who post after this an equal share of whatever vCash I have at the time or I request to be banned for a week max. Depending on how much I owed the people.

If Newcastle make Europe next season i'll give the next 5 members who post after this an equal share of whatever vCash I have at the time or I request to be banned for a week max. Depending on how much I owed the people.

Newcastle Europe :facepalm. This squad espically if Taylor, Coloccini and Barton leave are likely to be in the relegation dogfight. I will salute them if they don't go straight down next season.

Yea hopefully Taylor goes to good club next season like Villa, Tottenham, Everton or something. Would say he is the best young central defender looking ahead to future in the post Terry/Ferdinand era.

Micah Richards is the next one. But he needs to regain his focus ASAP, i reckon he should focus on being a central defender - instead fo worrying about playing right-back.

Aston Villa I felt were cheated. How the fearsome tweak Agbonlahor's incident was not a penalty I'll never know. The ref was in a prefect position to see he was going to shoot before Mikel impended him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread