English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know what was disgusting yesterday, a defeat against Tottenham or Tottenham as a club itself? They can not beat Arsenal for ten years in the league and then they sneak a freak result against a virtual arsenal reserve team! And if it was not for 3 really good saves from an otherwise dumb goalkeeper Gomes, Arsenal would have kicked their arse with that reserve team too!

*Entering in the real world*

Spurs were absolutely outstanding. The sooner Arsenal gets rid off Silvestre, Rosicky and Almunia the better. Arsenal have to admit that they are not good enough for the title this season. Wegner never would have thought that they would come this close to title. Had he know this in January, he could have bought a decent goal keeper or a central defender in January. If Arsenal had such keeper like Cech or Van der sar, things must have been different for Arsenal.

Spurs are looking very good at home right now - they could take points of Chelski. If we can win all our last games, starting with the game vs Manamecca City, we can still retain our title. Chelski could easily drop points at Spurs and Liverpool, whereas our last really tricky game is vs City. Plus, Chelski are due some decisions against them - to add to the four they've had against us this season, they should've had two penalties against them at Bolton. Had they been playing a better team than Bolton (such as Spurs or Liverpool), they would've lost yesterday. I liked how Drogba was going around at the end with a 'title won' expression on his face. Good. That's what we want - them to get complacent... :D

Edit: That Rose looks a damn good player!

Like you said "If". Manchester City is not going to be easy to beat right now and they seem to be up for it when they play against the so called Big Four apart from the drab draws against Liverpool. And don't forget that you still have to travel to Sunderland where it will not be easy too.

Like you said "If". Manchester City is not going to be easy to beat right now and they seem to be up for it when they play against the so called Big Four apart from the drab draws against Liverpool. And don't forget that you still have to travel to Sunderland where it will not be easy too.

I'm well aware of how tough this game will be, but form goes right out of the window for derby games - it could go either way. Could even be a draw, which is of no use to us whatsoever and doesn't really help City much either.

I'm well aware of how tough this game will be, but form goes right out of the window for derby games - it could go either way. Could even be a draw, which is of no use to us whatsoever and doesn't really help City much either.

Of course Chelsea fans will be hoping for a draw or a Man City win. Personally, I would prefer a draw because I would prefer to Spurs to finish fourth simply to avoid the possibility of Man City becoming like Real Madrid in England. Having said that, even a Man City would not be so bad. XD

Take a bow son!

Sorry Trev you're link doesn't work. So here's another.

This goal is amazing but look at Almunia he punches then slips and he trying to get Sagna (I think?) out of his way:facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir Alex said on SSN just now that Rooney was perfectly fit for the Bayern game, but I think he's just covering up the fact that by playing Rooney, he might well have blown the league for us; Rooney might not even play tomorrow!

Oh, and Real Madrid? Take a running jump off the nearest cliff - Rooney will go nowhere!

That goal by Danny Rose was simply stunning. Definitely one of the goals of the season, if not the goal of the season. I was jumping with joy after seeing the goal(was supporting Spurs the other day due to obvious reasons) XD. But now, the attention has to be turned to later today. I certainly cannot wait for the Manchester and London derby. Should be exciting. Predictions anyone? :laugh

I cant just stop celebrating now. United again do it in stoppage time against City and I thing thats the third time they have done. Scholes header has surely kept our season alive. Hopefully Spurs can upset Chelsea..:D

I cant just stop celebrating now. United again do it in stoppage time against City and I thing thats the third time they have done. Scholes header has surely kept our season alive. Hopefully Spurs can upset Chelsea..:D

YouTube - Paul Scholes Chant - He Scores Goals :D :D

Now go home and shut up, City. :laugh :laugh :laugh

Please win Chelsea.

Please please please please.

Please lose, Chelsea. Please, please, please. Especially as you're due a ton of bad decisions against you - at least three absolute stinkers in the games against us and two penalties that Bolton should've had the other day against you. Also, it would be funny if City failed to finish in the top four after all the money they've spent - excuse me - after all the money their Sugar Daddy has spent.

Spurs 2-0 after 55 minutes wow!!! :happy:happy, Gap now to one point with Chelsea yet to play Liverpool at Anfield. Hopefully Spurs can keep the lead.

Michael Dawson will & should definatelyy go to the world cup if he keeps up this form between now & the end of the season.

Yessssss!!! Chelsea lose and now just one point gap. Liverpool will do us the job by beating them at Anfield. Great day for all United fans. :happy :happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread