English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crunching win from Chelsea, bad slip up by Arsenal and a very nice performance by us (no Rooney, take note those saying Utd are a one man team) - the upshot is we're now one point clear, with no games in hand for Chelsea anymore. Beat them, or even draw with them at OT next week, and I think we'll win it. Chelsea are not the same team away from home - it's like watching two different teams (yes, I know they smacked Pompey, but who wouldn't at the moment?) As they said on MoTD, we've only failed to win the league once when starting April in top spot.

Joe Cole scoring was the best thing about todays game. Hopefully his critics ease of now..

Well was a poor first half but a great second half. Linesman lost was the game, Drogba was offside by a yard and he couldnt see it. Even the ref could not spot the two penalties against us and thats what I Hate. Ref and his linesman cost us the game. Anyways there could be some more twists and turns in this title race. Chelsea still to play Spurs and Liverpool away from home and we have just City to worry away from home.

Joe Cole scoring was the best thing about todays game. Hopefully his critics ease of now..

The best thing about today's game is that Fergie no has to acknowledge we are short upfront. Nani should have started, Valencia was rubbish and Neville was unbelievably.......I can't write the word here.....

Oh, and the linesman is a blind twat. Still, Van Der Sar could and should have saved it.

I was actually thinking that Valencia and Evra should've pressured our LB/RB more often. Both of them looked promising at times but you could see the change when they did attack from the wing.

The best thing about today's game is that Fergie no has to acknowledge we are short upfront. Nani should have started, Valencia was rubbish and Neville was unbelievably.......I can't write the word here.....

Oh, and the linesman is a blind twat. Still, Van Der Sar could and should have saved it.

Hmm.. bad day at the office. Well, that's three times that we've been screwed over by the officials vs Chelski this year - first the stonewall penalty at Stamford Bridge that we didn't get, then today's no-penalty and then that ridiculous offside goal. Not only was one player offside, but two were! That could cost us the league, but Chelski still have some tough games coming up - Liverpool and Tottenham both away. I mean, I know we all get some bad decisions over a season, but to get three real stinkers against one team over two games... :sarcasm

We have Blackburn away and City away, which Rooney should be back for, other than that, all our games are ones we should win. Speaking of Rooney, he would've scored at least one of those chances Berba had. We need to buy at least one striker in the summer as cover for Rooney, although Kiko showed his goalscoring knack again.

Can't believe Jamie Redknapp suggesting Rooney be bought back for Wednesday - that's far too soon and hugely risky.

Hmm.. bad day at the office. Well, that's three times that we've been screwed over by the officials vs Chelski this year - first the stonewall penalty at Stamford Bridge that we didn't get, then today's no-penalty and then that ridiculous offside goal. Not only was one player offside, but two were! That could cost us the league, but Chelski still have some tough games coming up - Liverpool and Tottenham both away. I mean, I know we all get some bad decisions over a season, but to get three real stinkers against one team over two games... :sarcasm

We have Blackburn away and City away, which Rooney should be back for, other than that, all our games are ones we should win. Speaking of Rooney, he would've scored at least one of those chances Berba had. We need to buy at least one striker in the summer as cover for Rooney, although Kiko showed his goalscoring knack again.

Can't believe Jamie Redknapp suggesting Rooney be bought back for Wednesday - that's far too soon and hugely risky.

I don't understand why we were so poor in the first half. Second half - we pressured, kept possession and passed incisively. The team looked completely different.

Just can't see us scoring goals without Rooney. Berbatov should have done better with the volley. Though he out jumped Terry a number of times and won good headers - making me question why he doesn't do this more often?

We've always had this problem after CL away games - we always seem to lose the next game! The good thing is, Rooney will be back soon. He is the talisman - without him, the team just isn't the same.

What's this? United fans moaning about the officials and blaming them for a loss? Nothing new there then ;)

Only saw the first half but Chelsea totally dominated United and United were getting away with a hell of a lot more then Chelsea were.

What's this? United fans moaning about the officials and blaming them for a loss? Nothing new there then ;)

Only saw the first half but Chelsea totally dominated United and United were getting away with a hell of a lot more then Chelsea were.

Yep, Chelsea were well worth their win. Turning out to be a cracking run in to the end of the season.

Second half we dominated. Draw would have been a fair result seeing as both halves were dominated by different teams.

I'm not blaming the loss on the linesman. I'm blaming the loss on United playing crap first half. The Drogba goal though was a shocker from the lino , level with the last defender. Maybe he's recently pocketed some Russian money......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread