English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because he also came up through that system. I'm not saying he's not done very well, but if he has no success anywhere else, it essentially taints his entire Barcelona era. Especially if they just carry on regardless.

You are making the common mistake of judging someone before their career has really begun. Like people who a year ago had Owen Coyle as most promising manager in the Prem... well a year later he's the most promising manager in the Championship.

I actually have a lot of time for your opinions on football, as tactically you do actually know what you're talking about, but we will have to agree to disagree on this one :)

----------

He's obviously a better manager than Rijkaard, what's he really done in his managerial career? He got one club relegated and fired, another he was sacked from and the other was Barcelona. Now if someone who is basically incompetent everywhere else can still have got them to where they were, and those same players have not reached their peak as the best players in football, it's not really like Pep has gone particularly far.

Excuses as well don't cut it. All the top sides play a ton of games, it's the nature of the beast.

hmmm yeah it's one of those we'll have to accept we won't see eye to eye on. :P

West Ham back in the Premiership, so we get to go to one of our favourite places again!!! :D

Only kidding - welcome back, 'ammers - you're where you belong. :)

De Boer is out of the Liverpool race.

So looks like AVB or Martinez is set for Anfield, although FSG can maybe convince De Boer for Anfield.

De Boer has literally rejected our offer. No use in pursuing him further now. AVB meanwhile's taking his time and not rushing into any immediate decisions.

Seriously does Vertonghen still wants to go to spurs? Not blaming him but that's a drop from Champions league football to Europa league. Not sure these rumours are coming after Chelsea's won though. :p

He still does.

He'll end up being all bitter about Arsenal especially near the derbies as I believed we almost signed him. A bit like how VDV seems to think it's necessary to bash Arsenal at every given opportunity in some way.

VDV's funny :) He's nowhere near as bad as Sczehoweveritsbleedinspeltney :p

Szczesny is younger. It's obvious someone like him would do it, he's new to Arsenal and the way of life. He probably only recently learnt English.

VDV is meant to be mature, yet every few weeks he feels the need to say "Oh I'm so glad I signed for Spurs and not Arsenal" and "Spurs are the kings of North London, there's no way we'll finish below Arsenal, we're the better club."

He's a bit of a Nasri with no real link to Arsenal:p.

I dunno, RDV always seems fairly tongue in cheek. I find Szcheblah pretty amusing, I like that they get involved and they keep it clean and above the belt so to speak :)

Szczesny speaks like a kid when talking about Spurs, and on purpose. Love it:D.

VDV seems pretty serious to me. Doesn't seem like much of a joker at all.

^You're right.

AVB is out of the Pool race. Martinez is now the obvious choice.

Martinez with John W Henry in Miami:

550815_441192605892869_216144208397711_91588551_1895276716_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread