English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All squads have to be under 23 at the Olympics. Only allowed 3 players over.

Don't get me wrong but he can actually do well at Man utd, :p

If Macheda goes out and Anderson might buckle again there's no reason why he would not fit in. He could be a potential replacement for giggs and can do well as a supporting striker.

Who? Rafael surely can't, Lindegaard is a great back-up and De Gea is showing his worth.

----------

All squads have to be under 23 at the Olympics. Only allowed 3 players over.

Yep. Thiago Silva and Marcelo, can't remember the other one.

I wasn't sure where to post this and didn't think it warranted its own thread, but I was wondering: why the heck are the sponsors on football shirts always made from plastic these days? Take my new Utd shirt: The Nike sign is made from fabric, the Premiership patches are made from fabric as well. I can understand the printing being plastic, as it would add an inordinate amount to the cost, but why can't the sponsor's logo be made from fabric? They were in the old days and were far more durable; my old AIG Utd shirt has got significant fading to the logo and it's not as though I'm rough with them - I don't play football in them or anything. ;) In the mean time, some of my much older shirts' sponsors and printing are completely intact.

Last edited:
I suppose it would be annoying but it didn't happen to me. Took my Arsenal shirt at least 4-5 years before the sponsor began to fade, and it's barely noticeable, with machine washes and running and occasionally playing in it. My 5 year old Portsmouth shirt also doesn't have even a bit of deterioration with similar use. Must be Utd shirts:p. Anyway, it looks more vintage with the plastic coming off.

I do think it looks better in plastic though. More sharp and shiny, at least until it begins to deteriorate.

Fair point - the plastic does look sharper and shinier. :)

In other news:

Goal-line technology signed off for football | Mail Online

Well, what a surprise. England get royally screwed in WC 2010 vs Germany and nothing happens. An entire two years later, England find themselves on the favourable end of such a goal line decision (although Frank's was clearly miles over, whereas the Ukraine's needed a replay to be sure) and hey presto - within weeks, Fifa have removed their finger from their arse and will implement the technology.

Not entirely, Steve, the decision on goal line technology had been set for 5th July 2012 for about a year. The BBC article shouldn't have used Ukraine's 'fortune' as an example, anyway, it was offside in the build up.

Not entirely, Steve, the decision on goal line technology had been set for 5th July 2012 for about a year. The BBC article shouldn't have used Ukraine's 'fortune' as an example, anyway, it was offside in the build up.

So it's a good thing the decision went against Ukraine, otherwise England would've been screwed again!

Hmm, well Norwich are also off to a training camp in Austria but somehow I doubt the room would be 1,000 euros, let alone the mattress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread