English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre Santos looking bloody amazing against Man City as an attacker. Talk about wasted talent at LB.

I feel really sad for Portsmouth fans - that's their club going down the toilet, a large part of their lives. Imagine how we'd feel if it was any of our clubs? I've always thought that the bigger, cash rich clubs should help out in these situations. Yes, I know some (a lot) of it might be their own doing, but we shouldn't just allow all those years of history to disappear - we're talking about a whole football club ceasing to exist here! And furthermore, it's not the fans' fault that the club made these mistakes, but it's them that will suffer as well.

Last edited:
Would anyone step into help any other failing businesses?

They may still be saved, but the very nature of saving debt ridden clubs means waiting until the last possible moment to try and force the purchase to be as small as possible. Normally it means the club gets saved, but remains in the pocket of someone who has bought them for the wrong reason.

Would anyone step into help any other failing businesses?

They may still be saved, but the very nature of saving debt ridden clubs means waiting until the last possible moment to try and force the purchase to be as small as possible. Normally it means the club gets saved, but remains in the pocket of someone who has bought them for the wrong reason.

Maybe the Glazers could have a go. :lol:lol:lol

Until players like Charlie Adam are replaced in the Premiership, it'll continue to lag behind the rest of the world technically. The guy literally plays every game to try and injure people.

Bale is certainly not the only player he's targetted over the last couple of years. The guy is a talentless knob.

Bale is Spurs' best player. Maybe he feels he'll get extra reps if he tackles the opponent's best player?

You had this coming though, Gareth. Should've gone to the Olympics son, you're actually needed there.

Feels like I've not been at Carrow Road for years. Last trip was in fact on the 22nd May for Adam Drury's testimonial. Back at the Carra tomorrow for the pre-season game against Ajax! You Yellows!

Adam doesn't just target Bale. He pretty much goes out to injure players. Also Spurs are a genuine threat to Liverpool, so it takes on an even more cynical look.

Be funny to see Caulker try and break Suarez's legs for GB :p

Out of curiosity, why should Bale have gone to the Olympics when he's using our pre-season to get over his injury? Absolute rubbish.

jeez puddleduck, i always had you down as fairly balance but your last few posts here make you looks as rose-tinted and biased as most other football fans.

I couldn't care less if it was Bale or anyone else he targetted. There's a reason the current best players in world football have no real desire to come play in England.

Parker is a good example of someone who goes in hard without specifically targetting the player. Busquets (as much as I hate him) is an excellent example of someone who uses his positioning and quick thinking to win the ball. Adam specifically targets players and Bale is not the first or last player he has targetted.

Bale will be fine and he's already earnt more than enough money, but it's the lost players, the guys who don't get to progress past 15-19 because some cynical player has specifically looked to injure them. It's a blight on the English game, and until players are protected they have every right to dive. When I say protected, I mean get given free kicks if they try and stay on their feet etc.. Currently, you get nothing for honesty in football, and it's disappointing.

----------

Oh, and he even did it to Bale when playing for Blackpool...

Gareth Bale leg / ankle broken by Charlie Adam ! - YouTube

----------

He does it to a ton of players, mistimes the stamp tackle right on people's ankles. The sort of cynical fouls that players get away with but cause serious injury.

----------

... and here's Charlie the hard man himself demonstrating that every single footballer dives :p

ferdinand v charlie adam incident - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread