English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
What a way to end that 7 consecutive draws against Birmingham and of all people, Maxi Rodriguez scored a hattrick!

Also, with Spurs dropping like flies a bit at the moment, it looks like 5th place may not be far away for you guys.

----------

FINALLY! Torres scored! A lovely goal from him and it was certainly nice to see how the celebrations went. :thumbs

Nice win there , and its was a day of surprises tbf , starting from Maxi's hattrick to Torres & Villa getting on the score sheet after a long while . Fifth place is still Tottenham's to lose though , we are 3 points off them having played a game extra . And I really hope we don't finish 5th and play that wasteful Europa League !

Speaking of Torres and Chelsea , a good game there for him and the boys , still keeping up the pressure on United . And we all know that once Torres starts scoring , rest is guaranteed . So , vigorously waiting for him to be forgiven by the Anfield faithful should he win it for the Blues at O.T and of course , should Arsenal beat United too . :p

James

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What a way to end that 7 consecutive draws against Birmingham and of all people, Maxi Rodriguez scored a hattrick!

Also, with Spurs dropping like flies a bit at the moment, it looks like 5th place may not be far away for you guys.

----------

FINALLY! Torres scored! A lovely goal from him and it was certainly nice to see how the celebrations went. :thumbs

Ya...I know right!..I Love Torres!...I Am almost like his Ultimate Fan of of some sort and...Well..It's Nice to see him Back to his Scoring ways! Hope He continue! :)...So are You a Chelsea Fan as well ?...

JBlues08

Club Captain
that pitch was a swamp, would have been hilarious had they abandoned the match after torres' goal rendering it invalid.

It would really be tough luck that had happened. :lol

But I don't think the match was going to be abandoned. The conditions were marginally better in the last 10-15 minutes but before that, it was just horrible!

----------

Nice win there , and its was a day of surprises tbf , starting from Maxi's hattrick to Torres & Villa getting on the score sheet after a long while . Fifth place is still Tottenham's to lose though , we are 3 points off them having played a game extra . And I really hope we don't finish 5th and play that wasteful Europa League !

You may have played a game more but don't forget that Spurs still have to travel to our place, Eastlands and Anfield. 4th place may still be a possible target if City's dodgy away form continues against Blackburn. Their last two away games are against Everton and Bolton. Not the easiest place to win.

Speaking of Torres and Chelsea , a good game there for him and the boys , still keeping up the pressure on United . And we all know that once Torres starts scoring , rest is guaranteed . So , vigorously waiting for him to be forgiven by the Anfield faithful should he win it for the Blues at O.T and of course , should Arsenal beat United too . :p

Before that, we have to make sure we beat Spurs next weekend before United play Arsenal. However, I'm not sure if hoping for Arsenal to beat United is the best idea. They are pretty much hopeless against United recently, always trying to walk the ball into the back of the net. :facepalm

But first, lets see how Arsenal perform against Bolton later.

----------

Ya...I know right!..I Love Torres!...I Am almost like his Ultimate Fan of of some sort and...Well..It's Nice to see him Back to his Scoring ways! Hope He continue! :)...So are You a Chelsea Fan as well ?...

Yup and isn't it obvious? :p

JBlues08

Club Captain
Sagna is a quiet but very consistent performer and rarely let's his team down, whereas Rafael is less consistent and due to his youthfulness makes rash tackles, leading to bookings, suspensions, etc.

How many times has Rafael makes rash tackles this season leading to bookings and suspensions? Not many. The only notable one was the red card against Spurs at White Hart Lane. Otherwise, he has received only 3 yellow cards in 15 appearances.

Nasri is still a prominent creative force and Berbatov is the top scorer in the Premier League. I fail to see the logic in not having these players in the Team of the Year.

For all the praises that Nasri has received for early season form, he has only 1 assist so far this season. A prominent creative force eh? Furthermore he's gone off the boil this year.

Berbatov is only in the team because of his goals. His performance hasn't exactly been brilliant and most of his goals come in one match. That to me doesn't warrant him a position in the Team of the Year.

Overall, the timing of the votes for the awards and the Team of the Year are really ridiculous! Players could easily have a great first half of the season but goes out of form in the second or suffers any injury that rules them out for a lengthy period.

James

School Cricketer
It would really be tough luck that had happened. :lol

But I don't think the match was going to be abandoned. The conditions were marginally better in the last 10-15 minutes but before that, it was just horrible!

----------

You may have played a game more but don't forget that Spurs still have to travel to our place, Eastlands and Anfield. 4th place may still be a possible target if City's dodgy away form continues against Blackburn. Their last two away games are against Everton and Bolton. Not the easiest place to win.

Before that, we have to make sure we beat Spurs next weekend before United play Arsenal. However, I'm not sure if hoping for Arsenal to beat United is the best idea. They are pretty much hopeless against United recently, always trying to walk the ball into the back of the net. :facepalm

But first, lets see how Arsenal perform against Bolton later.

----------

Yup and isn't it obvious? :p
*Hi 5* And let Us hope that Chelsea Win this time Somehow!

JBlues08

Club Captain
The title race is definitely over for Arsenal and once again, they lost the game because of set pieces. Typical Arsenal. :facepalm

At least, Arsene Wenger won't go around and talk about his side's 16-match unbeaten run and at this rate, they might even finish in 4th!

----------

*Hi 5* And let Us hope that Chelsea Win this time Somehow!

Well, that is more of hope than expectation. We pretty much lost the title during that 3 months of 'bad moment'. It will certainly be great if we can win it but that is still a long long shot.

If we are able to finish second, I'll be happy given that we looked in danger of not finishing in the Top 4 a couple of months ago.

JD10

International Cricketer
But tbh Liverpool can't complain to get a player like Cole on a free. Just hasn't been able to fit into the system. 10 million is abit high. Maybe in the region of 5 million will be more realistic. But all the best for Joe in the future for him :thumbs

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Poor lad probably scored in his last game for the club . I have always liked him , right from his West Ham days . Wishing him good luck for the future . :thumbs

James

School Cricketer
The title race is definitely over for Arsenal and once again, they lost the game because of set pieces. Typical Arsenal. :facepalm

At least, Arsene Wenger won't go around and talk about his side's 16-match unbeaten run and at this rate, they might even finish in 4th!

----------

Well, that is more of hope than expectation. We pretty much lost the title during that 3 months of 'bad moment'. It will certainly be great if we can win it but that is still a long long shot.

If we are able to finish second, I'll be happy given that we looked in danger of not finishing in the Top 4 a couple of months ago.

Well Ya true but, You never know Because United Have Chelsea And Arsenal Upfront Who can cause and upset anytime and if they lose the next two games along with Chelsea winning The rest then we might be up for a treat!
:)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Harry may look to take him to Spurs but doubt he's going to start consistently.

Yea Spurs wont make sense for him these days. Thats another pool failure & given that a man like Lennon isn't even guaranteed a start, Cole would be wasting his time their.

He cant fit into any of the big 6 clubs. He gotta go to Newcastle, Villa, Everton type club.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Ok so we have in football players faking dives that world can see to fool refs & goals be scored that aren't legitimate. WTF is going on with this sport now.

It will be a disgrace if TV replays aren't introduced with earnest next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread