English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
What a day this could be! Utd destroy their opponents - again - and City drop points away from home - again. That's twice in two away games now that they've dropped points. I'm not completely surprised: this sort of thing usually happens after you've been on such a good run. Now let's see what they're made of - now, to use F1 parlance, that their mirrors are full of red, cutting left and right looking to outbrake them. ;)

JBlues08

Club Captain
What a day this could be! Utd destroy their opponents - again - and City drop points away from home - again. That's twice in two away games now that they've dropped points. I'm not completely surprised: this sort of thing usually happens after you've been on such a good run. Now let's see what they're made of - now, to use F1 parlance, that their mirrors are full of red, cutting left and right looking to outbrake them. ;)

You don't get tired of always talking about City, do you?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Spurs really do look the business at the moment. I fancy them to run who ever ends up second very close but I can't see them getting second as things stand.

They should be miles ahead of fourth that said.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Spurs to push second place for a while but feel they would drop points and safely secure the third spot ahead of the rest but behind the Manchester clubs. Ideally United first and Spurs second :D

Ayub 95

Club Cricketer
Spurs I think will fade away the day Bale gets himself injured, remember last season when he was injured Spurs lost their form and faded away for 4th place with City.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yay! Suarez suspended for the Newcastle game after being handed a one match ban by the FA following the "middle finger" incident. Wonder what more [presents] is in store for us from the FA come New Year?

Ayub 95

Club Cricketer
9 match ban for Suarez, looking forward for Carroll to score a hat-trick against Newcastle then go back to being ????.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
You don't get tired of always talking about City, do you?

Nope. Not when they shouldn't be in this position. As I've said before with your lot, at least you were knocking loudly on the door. City? They were midtable mediocrity in the Premiership and they were actually in League Two not that long ago. I reckon they'll end up just like Chelsea. Maybe a few years of bossing it, but without the foundation built up at Man Utd it won't last. :D

See, for me the rot has set in now for City. Forget about their first home game back after the Chelsea defeat, City are extremely strong at home. No, I'm talking about away from home - that's where they'll lose the league - WBA were actually really unlucky not to defeat City in that game. :)
Utd by contrast have a great away record - especially compared to last year's oddity. ;)

----------

[/COLOR]
Well he'd be hard pressed to talk about Chelsea in relation to the title race.

:D

9 match ban for Suarez, looking forward for Carroll to score a hat-trick against Newcastle then go back to being ????.

Wait, have I missed something? He's collected another match for his ban? If memory serves, that means he's now ruled out of the Man Utd v Liverpool game at Old Trafford, as I'm sure that was due to be his first match back after the original eight match ban. :D

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Wait, have I missed something? He's collected another match for his ban? If memory serves, that means he's now ruled out of the Man Utd v Liverpool game at Old Trafford, as I'm sure that was due to be his first match back after the original eight match ban. :D

lol no. He's serving a one match ban against newcastle following his middle finger incident and an eight match ban (worst case) for racism starting from Jan 4 (after we play City on Jan 3). So yeah, he's still available to play United at Old Trafford. :D

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Today we saw the difference between an average midfielder and a world class one. Looked a totally different side once Captain Fantastic came on; even Carroll looked decent.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Nope. Not when they shouldn't be in this position. As I've said before with your lot, at least you were knocking loudly on the door. City? They were midtable mediocrity in the Premiership and they were actually in League Two not that long ago. I reckon they'll end up just like Chelsea. Maybe a few years of bossing it, but without the foundation built up at Man Utd it won't last. :D

league one

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Adam really has played his last game as a regular XI. Atleast that is what I feel. Absolutely shocking over the last few matches. Gerrard's comeback proved inspirational in more than one way. Also Kenny has to realize how important a player Bellamy is for a club like us!

Following changes for the City game will do nicely:

Gerrard in for Adam.
Kuyt in for Downing.
Suarez in for Carroll.
Kelly in for Johnson.

Johnson's crosses from the wing have been terrible of late.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yessssss!!! Feed the yak!

nvm, that advantage didn't last too long...

fried chicken united

yesssss

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread