English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil wasn't saying that the Premier League was better (even though it obviously is). He was saying that the Premier League is the one thing Liverpool fans want to win. The Champions League was a great success a couple of years ago, but obviously doesn't establish who is the best team in Europe anymore (Liverpool win it, yet finish 5th in England - How can they call themselves Champions of Europe?!).

Secondly, how dare you generalise Manchester United fans when you don't even know what a "typical manc" is. You're living on the other side of the world mate.

At the end of the day football is about money, it's a business. So maybe think about that crash course yourself.

"The Premiership is the bread and butter." - Phil

Now, if that doesn't mean that it's better than the European Cup and everything else, then please do shoot me.

At last a vaild point. Yes, l realise that we finished 5th in the domestic league that year. It happens. We still were the Champions of Europe, correct? It's not my fault we couldn't produce that form on a consistent basis in the Premier League. But we're still the Champions of Europe - which in my opinion is a bigger trophy to win than the league. But you guys obviously don't and l'll respect that.

How do you know l haven't lived in England for the majority of my life and just moved here? Sorry lad, but you can't base that when you don't have a clue about my life.

To you and your friends it might be a business. Trophies coming in, money flowing and revenue on the rise. But to real fans at Liverpool Football Club we have more than that. It's called tradition. And our club won't tolerate having pricks as owners.

"The Premiership is the bread and butter." - Phil

Now, if that doesn't mean that it's better than the European Cup and everything else, then please do shoot me.

At last a vaild point. Yes, l realise that we finished 5th in the domestic league that year. It happens. We still were the Champions of Europe, correct? It's not my fault we couldn't produce that form on a consistent basis in the Premier League. But we're still the Champions of Europe - which in my opinion is a bigger trophy to win than the league. But you guys obviously don't and l'll respect that.

How do you know l haven't lived in England for the majority of my life and just moved here? Sorry lad, but you can't base that when you don't have a clue about my life.

To you and your friends it might be a business. Trophies coming in, money flowing and revenue on the rise. But to real fans at Liverpool Football Club we have more than that. It's called tradition. And our club won't tolerate having pricks as owners.

Granted, I don't know you haven't lived in Liverpool for most of your life, etc. But if you haven't, that point is laughable.

Open your eyes mate. All owners of all football clubs are there for one thing. To make money. You can be as naive as you want about it, but the situation will never change.

I'm glad you put the "in my opinion" on the end of your comment about the Champions League being a bigger trophy to win, as I know for a fact most Liverpool fans would swap it for Premier League success.

The Champions League is without doubt the biggest trophy in club football. But unfortunately it might not be the toughest one to obtain.

Imagine if Luton Town won the champions league? Oh well lets stop talking about the Champions League in the English Football thread as you guys are dreaming.:p Unless its Chelsea of course:D

I think the Premier League is what the fans want, not the Champions League. The league is the 20 best teams in England and you have to play the others twice in a season. If you get to the end better than everyone else, it means more than beating a select few of obscure teams from Europe.

In the Champions League you can be a flash in the pan, and ride your luck to the final with a few late goals. There are no flash in the pans in the Premier League, the champions really are the best team in the country. I wouldn't say the Champions League winner is the best team in Europe.

Lol Arsenal got hammered, the pass for that third goal by Berbatov was quality. Looks like he's staying at spurs too. Hopefully it will be a spurs-everton final and Arsenals season has been derailed so we'll see Villa and Everton taking third and fourth :D

Lol I just read on the internet that Avram Grant came over from Israel as a Scouse fan, to see united-scousers in the final in 1977 and he sat in the united end and our fans nearly killed him! Lots of videos of Gallas spitting at Bendtner and Adebayor bitching about too :D if it was Rooney he'd get lynched by the press.

Allow me to disect this nonsensical post.

At last, some common sense. Agger is far from average.

Still gutted at Australia winning the Ashes? Oh and don't forget the 3-1 to Australia in Football. Pretty embarrassing losing on your home turf to us Aussies? Especially when you apparently "worship" Football over there. It hurts, l know.

How is the Ashes in any way relevant to this topic? I bet you think Australia are better thanEngland just because you ebat us once, don't you?

You shouldn't judge me by where l live. Football over here is growing by the day and has a huge future in this country. There are plenty of knowledgable people when it comes to the World Game over here.

If you judge me by the country l live, your just plain stupid.

Well, if you think you know more about the English game than someone actually living in England, you're a dickhead.

At the end of the day, we've won more than you and you blokes just can't hack that fact. So what if we haven't won one for years? As it stands, we have more in both the big trophies. Good luck chasing though. :wave

Well, slap me red and call me ginger! You've got me there.

Wait a minute....

When is the last time you won the PL? Never? You can't brag at all, especially when you're 5th in the PL.

God I want Everton to win even more tonight after hearing what Avram Grant's had to say before the match;

Avram the tit said:
"This is the reason why I understand Everton. We were a very small club (referring to Hapoel Petah Tikva winning the Israeli League Cup in 1991). We didn't have a budget even for the tea. We took on the best team in Israel, who were Beitar Tel Aviv, and we were very happy. This is the reason I understand a team like Everton who are not used to taking trophies. Even not major trophies are important to you." (23/01/08)

I'm sorry Mr.Grant, but we've won a lot more than Chelsea have.

Still gutted at Australia winning the Ashes? Oh and don't forget the 3-1 to Australia in Football. Pretty embarrassing losing on your home turf to us Aussies? Especially when you apparently "worship" Football over there. It hurts, l know..
Thats how we know that you haven't lived in England for the majority of your life.

You shouldn't judge me by where l live. Football over here is growing by the day and has a huge future in this country. There are plenty of knowledgable people when it comes to the World Game over here.

If you judge me by the country l live, your just plain stupid.
Yeah but we're talking about English football you moron.

At the end of the day, we've won more than you and you blokes just can't hack that fact. So what if we haven't won one for years? As it stands, we have more in both the big trophies. Good luck chasing though. :wave
Thats always the Scousers (even though your not one) last card, history. You haven't got the present, we've got both.

Again, no reason to back up your point of the Premier League being better. Not a valid point unless you tell me why.
I didn't say it was better! I said it was every club's bread and butter, the one that if you want to prove yourself you must win, and the one that Liverpool haven't managed to win for 18 years. Lee's right, the best team wins the Premiership, whereas who thought Porto were the best in Europe in 2004, or the scousers were the best in 2005.

Seriously, your a fool. Typical Manc indeed. You think the only thing that matters is the money they bring in? I suggest you take a course in "How to turn smart overnight".
You've probably never been to Manchester or Liverpool in your life, so you dont have the right to call my a typical manc, and no its not the money they bring in. But do you not realise that if we go into debt, like we have done, that it could cause trouble on the pitch, just look at Leeds. Glazers a twat and so are you.

Seriously, you'd make a good proper Liverpool fan, because they're all twats and think their still massive because of their history.

Phil wasn't saying that the Premier League was better (even though it obviously is).
Exactly.

well everton losing 1-0 to a very go cole goal...looks like it's all over...

Oh well, good whilst it lasted. I'll just bring out the excuse Liverpool use when they fail to win this trophy;

It's only the Carling Cup.

Nuno Valente is officially the worst left back ever, his marking is attrocious. Chelski deserved the win though, were the far superior side, we made nothing, Johnson was useless, Moyes took too long to make changes, Fernandes cant pass, and we were outclassed. Joe Cole took the chance well, although he shouldnt have had the chance as Valente let him get goal-side. Was a decent cup run, just need to win the Uefa Cup now :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread