Group C - Canada, England, Kenya, New Zealand

nightprowler10

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Group C consists of Canada, Kenya, England and New Zealand. All matches will be played at Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia.

Fixtures

Mar 14: Canada v Kenya
Mar 16: England v New Zealand
Mar 18: Canada v England
Mar 20: Kenya v New Zealand
Mar 22: Canada v New Zealand
Mar 24: England v Kenya

Squads

Canada

1. JM Davison (captain)
2. A Bagai (wicketkeeper) - vice-captain
3. GEF Barnett
4. U Bhatti
5. IS Billcliff
6. DR Chumney
7. A Codrington
8. GR Codrington
9. AC Cummins
10. S Dhaniram
11. AA Mulla (wicketkeeper)
12. H Osinde
13. Qaiser Ali
14. AM Samad
15. KT Sandher

England

1. MP Vaughan (captain)
2. JM Anderson
3. IR Bell
4. RS Bopara
5. PD Collingwood
6. JWM Dalrymple
7. A Flintoff
8. EC Joyce
9. J Lewis
10. SI Mahmood
11. PA Nixon (wicketkeeper)
12. MS Panesar
13. KP Pietersen
14. LE Plunkett
15. AJ Strauss

Kenya

1. SO Tikolo (captain)
2. TM Odoyo (vice-captain)
3. R Bhudia
4. JK Kamande
5. T Mishra
6. CO Obuya
7. DO Obuya
8. N Odhiambo
9. PJ Ongondo
10. LN Onyango
11. MA Ouma (wicketkeeper)
12. ML Patel
13. RD Shah
14. AO Suji
15. HA Varaiya

New Zealand

1. SP Fleming (captain)
2. SE Bond
3. JEC Franklin
4. PG Fulton
5. MR Gillespie
6. BB McCullum (wicketkeeper)
7. CD McMillan
8. MJ Mason
9. JDP Oram
10. JS Patel
11. SB Styris
12. RL Taylor
13. DR Tuffey
14. DL Vettori
15. L Vincent

Three weeks ago I'd have backed England to lose to Canada and Kenya. Now I suddenly think they've got a chance of winning the group!
Oh the wild mood swings of being an England fan...

New Zealand would be a tough one but England will probably be the favourites given the fact we beat them in the commonwealth bank series and we've got jimmy and KP back although thr New Zealanders are picking up some confidence against Australia

Hopefully England & New Zealand, will go though ofcorse. O'm with England in this group.

Good that we get the big game out of the way first so we can try different teams to play Canada and Kenya. On current form we should be the Kiwis, finish top and get more points for the super eights :D

nightprowler10 said:
England

1. MP Vaughan (captain)
2. JM Anderson
3. IR Bell
4. RS Bopara
5. PD Collingwood
6. JWM Dalrymple
7. A Flintoff
8. EC Joyce
9. J Lewis
10. SI Mahmood
11. PA Nixon (wicketkeeper)
12. MS Panesar
13. KP Pietersen
14. LE Plunkett
15. AJ Strauss

Interesting to compare that to the 2003 team:

Hussain, Knight, Trescothick, Vaughan, Blackwell, Collingwood, Flintoff, Irani, White, Stewart, Anderson, Caddick, Giles, Harmison, Hoggard.

Two things spring to mind. First that only four of our players have WC experience and second, what on earth were we doing with Craig White and Ronny Irani in our squad?

Well Craig White is a nobrainer. How many people can just walk up to the crease and deliver the ball at 110 MPH?

Craig White had this strange period where he could bowl 90mph and conventionally inswing the old ball as well as being a handy batsman. I have Ian Pont's fast bowling book which has a foreword by Irani who credits Ian Pont for helping refine his bowling technique (to give more pace and accuracy) and he credits this for his call up in the World Cup squad.

PS: Yay, for once I know something.

nightprowler10 said:
Well Craig White is a nobrainer. How many people can just walk up to the crease and deliver the ball at 110 MPH?

:D

nightprowler10 said:

LMAO. I wonder who the suprise package will be in BLIC07...

I think this is the group which may come up with a few suprises. Kenya aren't bad, they did reach the semi finals last year (somehow). I wouldn't be suprised if England or New Zealand lost to Kenya. Also, Canada aren't that bad. If Davison keeps going, they might have an outside chance.

The dark horse is Kenya. I predict Kenya and New Zealand to go through from this group!

barmyarmy said:
LMAO. I wonder who the suprise package will be in BLIC07...

Off topic: Without a doubt the strangest bug ever in a game.

Adarsh said:
I think this is the group which may come up with a few suprises. Kenya aren't bad, they did reach the semi finals last year (somehow). I wouldn't be suprised if England or New Zealand lost to Kenya. Also, Canada aren't that bad. If Davison keeps going, they might have an outside chance.

The dark horse is Kenya. I predict Kenya and New Zealand to go through from this group!

Kenya are good, but not nearly good enough to take down England.

i think i'm correct in saying the only person in the England squad to have an ODI 5fer is Collingwood

I can just see Kenya beating us. Hopefully we can beat NZ first up and then we can relax.

Do not underestimate Canada they have some big hitters.

Users who are viewing this thread