Group C - Canada, England, Kenya, New Zealand

surendar said:
This shd be a easy cakewalk for England & Kiwis into Super8.

Well the line-up for the Super8's is more or less fixed
Aus,SAf,Ind,SRl,Eng,Nzl,Pak n the Windies completing it.

The real fun would start in the Super8' unless any minnow routs a major team.
Coz,1 victory against a major teamis good enough to guarantee a pass into the Super8

Definitely.

It only takes a decent side like Bangladesh, Kenya or Ireland to beat a big team and then beat the other 'minnow' in the side and they could qualify!

Leicester Fox said:
Surely Mahmood won't play? we should play our strongets team in every game

Well should Jimmy be fit....

Jimmy, Plunkett, Fred, Monty and JD/Bopara/Collingwood

That's my bowling line up. Plus with a decent batting line up in depth.

Kenya have a great shot here. England aren't the best ODI team in the world, although they have hit form. The Kiwis are always at the risk of having a very bad game. I fell Kenya could beat one of these two and make the next group, they have a fantastic opportunity here. And the Canada matches should be fun, Davidson and all...:)

Mahmood is rubbish.After a couple of ggod games in the CBS people forget the 100 runs he went for against the Srillies

That the way Mahmood bowls, he will either get wickets or concede runs. In the latter part of the series he improved especially with that slower ball. He shouldn't be in the starting side but should an injury strike he would be a good replacement.

England are unpredictable yes but they have some really good players who are peaking at the right time. I think they will make the semis atleast.

If Vaughan could finally get back that brilliant form(although he's never done it in ODI's but if you were ranked 1 in the world then you can't be bad) at the perfect time,KP and Freddie perform and Jimmy and Monty bowl at there best then we can go all the way

Stop calling Mahmood rubbish. You must have a very narrow mind if you come to that conclusion.

I still haven't forgiuven him for the way he was smashed against Sri Lanka. I suppose he wasn't the only one though ;)

But Joe he's improved so much. His wrist was all over the place vs Sri Lanka, look at him now, a very strong wrist action.

He's a strike bowler, they go for runs it happens. His record since the Sri Lanka series is a lot better.

fair enough but at times he was still erratic with the white ball.in the tests he was underbowled but i wouldn't expect much else from Flintoffs captaincy. We've got no-one better than Mahmood i suppose (thats very hard for me to say ;) ) but i'm not sure how he deal with it when things aren't going hiis way. and the slower ball was ridiculously overused by Mahmood despite it working against Gilchrist. it's a good idea but not so much so tat it brings your average speed down by 5 mph although this was woth all the bowlers not just Mahmood

manee said:
He has an ODI economy of 5.29 and average of 36.00.

Hoggards stats may not look good but Mahmood goes at 6.01 an over at an average of 41.38. Plunkett averages 35.82 and concedes 5.82.

Kenya will be totally capable of beating England or New Zealand. If England return to their form of just a few weeks ago then they are in real trouble.

Kenya will not beat England. it's simple,they won't. We are to good for them and did you happen to see Plunkett bowl in the CBS. Are attack is more than capable and with players back we can and imo will win the world cup

Nothing is certain, who would have thought the English could win the CBS after Adelaide. Who would have thought Bangladesh could beat India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Who would have thought Kenya could beat Sri Lanka, India twice and make the semi finals of a WC?

Users who are viewing this thread