Group C - Canada, England, Kenya, New Zealand

barmyarmy said:
Interesting to compare that to the 2003 team:

Hussain, Knight, Trescothick, Vaughan, Blackwell, Collingwood, Flintoff, Irani, White, Stewart, Anderson, Caddick, Giles, Harmison, Hoggard.

Two things spring to mind. First that only four of our players have WC experience and second, what on earth were we doing with Craig White and Ronny Irani in our squad?

I remember Irani had a good stint in India for the Natwest serious (what a game!!) Maybe that's why.
My gut says that 95% NZ will remain tops in this group and have a good tournament (perhaps lift the cup?). 5% chance that England beats NZ, and if this was a couple months back i would have put Kenya ahead of England.
I'm supporting Eng here tho.

5% for us to beat the Kiwis?

That's low. Both in good form, they'll have no Oram....I wouldn't expect us to win (can't as an England fan) but 1 in 20 chance of winning?

As long as Oram is fit and ready to go and the right NZ turn up then I would give them a 60% chance of beating England.

I think england will win the world cup easily. Theres just a lack of competition for us recently.

Yeah, Oram won't be in our first match against England. He'll still be in the WC though.

You know what I just realized? England are the only team that have featured in a WC final and have never won a World Cup.

evertonfan said:
I can't really see that stat changing any time soon NP.
Meh you never know. All they need to do is start to take ODI cricket seriously even when Australia aren't involved.

@PD: They've been in the finals thrice, which makes them the second most frequent finalists behind Australia.

nightprowler10 said:
You know what I just realized? England are the only team that have featured in a WC final and have never won a World Cup.
And I think they have been in finals for 4 times.

Yea should be a good game, expect England to win though

well new zealand england will be close, both teams will go into the tournament in better form. I think both the teams have better batting lnie-ups than bowling attacks, i mean the kiwi's looked nothing against the aussies in the 3rd CH game, wothout Bond and Vetori. I think the winner of this game will reach the semi's

Users who are viewing this thread