Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

Zimbabwe weren't great.
Ireland were amazing !

If they can keep this performance up,they might just score a win against either the hosts or Pakistan.
That would be interesting then !

Looks like Zimbabwe did the Lance choke!
Great effort by Ireland to be able tie that match as Zimbabwe look to have the game in the bag.

ireland didnt actually play to their potential

I felt that their bowling faltered in the initial stages.
They were damn good against South Africa though,alomost pulling off a victory.

langford smith didnt bowl to his potential and the other opener bowled really bad those 2 were the best performers against south africa

I was watching the replays of the final over on my phone and I literally missed my stop!

Ireland put in a great effort to make that score and defended so well at the end. They almost had them at 49.5 overs with that run-out, but they celebrated as if they had won the WC already. Great to watch.

Well you have to play your best in the WC you don't have 3 more games against Zimbabwe to get yourself in.

Incredible! With 3 overs to go and just 10 or so needed, I thought it was all over. It was a mixture of Zimbabwe shooting themselves in the foot and good bowling from Ireland. I was more disappointed as I had a bet on vbookie for Ireland that would have got me quite a bit. :p

Ireland easily look like the best of the minnows, I would love to see Kenya and Ireland battle it out in the WC but of course that is unlikely. Ireland didn't play to their potential especially with the bat and field. If Ireland do play to their potential than they can really trouble many sides in the top 8. Easily the best game of the WC so far.

yeh i backed ireland as well i feel ripped off they should make a draw favour the underdog

i cant believe how much mpofu follows through in his bowling he doesnt have enough weight to stop himself

Nice game by Ireland although they fielded a little bad but I hav to say the last catch which was dropped was really difficult!

Well done to Ireland. They didn't win, which is a bit disappointing, but it was a hell of match. Only able to watch the highlights package, but that last over was still magnificant viewing.

Rankin, the tall bloke seems to have a bit of potential. Didnt see too many of his deliveries, but bowler a few rippers.

Wow what a game! What an awesome last over! But again, Sohail's commentry is not up to WC standards! Its like, even at this awesome game he's so dull with no emotion or excitement behind his words! And OMG USE THE WORD "THE" AAMIR!
Again, fantastic match, I feel Ireland deserved it.

Users who are viewing this thread