Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

How do you guys know about these Anwer Ali and Jamshaid and that... can i have a link to their page on cricinfo if they have one??

i dont know anything about their domestic...

bloody hell! never knew about the final of U19 WC... OMG>.... how did they even manage to win.... Amazing

OMG.... those 1st 3 wickets i am just amazed only 19.. and he swings that much and that in India too.. imagine him in england.... brilliant!

I can not believe you didn't watch that match! We were going really poor with the bat, identical to our senior team which was playing India as well that same day. We lost that game, but we won the U-19 WC so everything was stable :p

evertonfan said:
Ireland are clear favourites for this group; They'll make mincemeat out of everyone...

Just though I'd dig out one of the first posts in this thread, and prove how true it was :p

Drewska said:
Just though I'd dig out one of the first posts in this thread, and prove how true it was :p
Ah, but the Windies? They'll be quaking in their boots ahead of the game ;)

Well, i read from cric info that Pakistan will participate in Zim match. Yesterday i thought after hearing the shocking news that Pak might withdraw.

cric info said:
Mir said Pakistan would still play their final World Cup group match on Wednesday. "The Pakistan team will continue its participation in the tournament. We are due to play Zimbabwe and we will play that match," Mir told AFP by telephone from Jamaica. "Obviously the boys are extremely sad, they are very distrurbed, they are shocked, but the boys have to play the match and they will."

Anyways, its going to be tough for Pakistan to perform on the field as they are mentally disturbed a lots from the loss of their coach. Hope they do the basics right and it wud do for a win.

He will be playing against Zimbabwe.

From http://content-pak.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/286053.html

"With the rest of his team watching, Inzamam started to speak, having been instructed by PJ Mir, the media manager, that his words should be in Urdu. After a cursory "First of all, our beloved coach has passed away," Inzamam went on to say that he would be relinquishing the captaincy and retiring from the one-day game after Wednesday's game against Zimbabwe."

Disappointing to hear that he's retiring but at the same time it was about time. Was most likely going to lose the captaincy anyway. Very sad end to go out on but hopefully they notch up one last win.

Users who are viewing this thread