Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

what a horrid horrid batting performance...each and everyone of them gave their wicket away apart fro Akmals which was a great catch by Bravo...bowling was OKAY i thought but should have really kept them under 220 but still 240 was a chase able total i thought...

Fine effort by Shoaib Malik, but it was West Indies Day today. Malik should be moved up the order, I don't think he is too slow, and I think he has what it takes to atleast stand out there. Thank god now that the game is over Aamir Sohail can stop complaining and for once keep his mouth shut. He has no clue on how to be captain, as he has never been captain. He should think about his own record first than start complaining about people whose records are far better than his.

i am jus disgusted the way our top order batted,,, esp YK i mean what was he thinking... Big up 2 Malik for doin da country sum respect...
but i am jus disappointed after loosing this one

Guys blistering win for the windies...they creamed pakistan in big wayy...small ground and pakistan was on top in first half of the innings and in the end windies came out to be the winners of the first match...Samaul is classy and showed his value.

Quite a sad display of batting by Pakistan. Younis Khan just gave his wicket away...Why didn't he giftwrap it and add a nice bow with it while he was at it? Horrible shot.
Anyways, happy WI did well, good bounce back after their mauling in Jamaica.

Didn't watch the Pak innings & only watched last 10 overs of Windies.. That Smith's quick fire and Samuel's consistent flow of runs changed the things around.

It looked like from news this morning that Pak batsmen sacrificed their wickets. But seems to be brilliant fielding from Windies. Nice opening win for Windies :clap

Good to see that a 240 should be enough over here :p
Excellent fightback from the Windies first with the bat then bowling Pakistan out.

aussie1st said:
Good to see that a 240 should be enough over here :p

I semi-agree.

I think West Indies scored a little under what they needed, but they bowled pretty well and Pakistan made the mistakes. Really, they should have chased that total. There were a few innings in there which proved the pitch was actually quite a nice batting strip. Already it seems a case of if you bat first, you have to start slowly and see off the early morning movement.

Good job Windies!

a pathetic effort by the pakistani batters.nevermind that 20/20 star imran nazir,but what was younis khan doing.pitch had some extra bounce which always troubles the pakistani batsmen and so it did.but 241 was getable against that bowling line up,inzi and yousuf should have done better.

i dont think Pakistan will make it to semi-final :( ..........last match was a bizarre for Pakistanifans......i hope they will improve against ireland on friday......

Users who are viewing this thread