Group D - Ireland, Pakistan, West Indies, Zimbabwe

hassan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Justcrazy said:
Pakistan should Play againts Minows team like who are out of the worldcup like Bermuda, Holland, Canada and invite them in Pakistan and have a traingular series which will boost Pakistan confidence for 20/20 Worldcup in SA.
Why do you like watching us gettin owned all the time...

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
ZexyZahid said:
It depends on the net runrate. Zimbabwe would get 3 points and the net runrate would be the deciding factor. Ireland have to lose badly against West Indies.

Points Tables
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/site/wc/points.html
I know that much, I meant in case of a forfeit, does the NRR change? Or does Zimbabwe only gets 2 points and the NRR stays the same? In that case Ireland goes through as right now they have a better NRR than Zimbabwe. Would be unfair to Zimbabwe though as they probably have a good chance of beating Pakistan and increasing the NRR.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
shahid6995 said:
I know that much, I meant in case of a forfeit, does the NRR change? Or does Zimbabwe only gets 2 points and the NRR stays the same? In that case Ireland goes through as right now they have a better NRR than Zimbabwe. Would be unfair to Zimbabwe though as they probably have a good chance of beating Pakistan and increasing the NRR.
The NRR will stay the same. However, the Irish have only a third of a run advantage over Zimbabwe in terms of NRR. If the match is forfeited, they could suffer getting knocked out if they lose badly to the Windies. If the match is forfeited, Ireland have to try and bat first so that they can get a half-decent total on board.

PhilD123

International Coach
sohummisra said:
The NRR will stay the same. However, the Irish have only a third of a run advantage over Zimbabwe in terms of NRR. If the match is forfeited, they could suffer getting knocked out if they lose badly to the Windies. If the match is forfeited, Ireland have to try and bat first so that they can get a half-decent total on board.
Won't need to worry about that.

The ICC have confirmed that Pakistan will play.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Brian Lara_06 said:
WI are in the super 8's ha like i said go WI
Better not make it to the semi's! or i will need an avy with Brian Lara saying ' world champion or somthing :p

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
I've heard that around 8000 Irish peoples are flying to WI to support their team. If that's true, then great news for Irish cricket and should give them alot of confidence for the rest of the competition.

Last edited:

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Akmal opener! HAHAHAHAHA! Stupid people! They already know that he cant perform as an opener and still send him as an opener! LOL!

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pakistan is really outside the track :p they themselves doesn't know what they r playing :eek:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
o they moved Malik to #3 finally a good move from pakistan, dont know if this was Mushys decision.

Inzi playing reall well, i think he wants to leave a lasting impresion and also make woolmer proud. Go Inzi.

Last edited:

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Inzi really turning it on in his last performance, I hope he makes it a good 'un. 3 sixes already.

Users who are viewing this thread