Help for those with nVidia cards suffering from slow performance

thanks hornmatt i tried these settings on my fx 5200 now the game is running better.

it may be simple and obvious advice but the thing that helped me gain better performace most was forcing v-sync off in my nvidia control panel. BLIC07 appears to have v-sync turned on, so you must force it to off, and once i had done, i got about a 10fps increase, and now a very playable game.

Speaking of different resolutions:

I could play at a near playable speed in 1280x720, but I had to take it back down to 800x600 (or 848x480 for widescreen) to be completely playable though.

Last edited:
Allrounder18 said:
is it some kind of virus or what cuz it is very smal (18mb) compare to the last one (40mb).
Yeah, don't fret, they're just able to compress it further.

There are some things to remember, though. Unreleased drivers are often unreleased for a reason. They might be perfect for some people, but not so good for others. If you're a bit of a noob, messing with your system might not be worthwhile, especially if it seems to be running perfectly. As the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". They won't make anything explode, but it could be annoying.

If you are interested in experimenting with different drivers, or even if you upgrade to the latest official drivers, as many of us do from time to time, you should be aware that it's best to completely remove the old driver. When you install a new driver, a few files will be left from the old driver and these can cause a conflict on your system. To avoid this, you can use a simple freeware program like Driver Cleaner.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Driver-Cleaner.shtml

You can use this to clean up after all kinds of drivers, not just for video cards.

angryangy said:
Yeah, don't fret, they're just able to compress it further.

There are some things to remember, though. Unreleased drivers are often unreleased for a reason. They might be perfect for some people, but not so good for others. If you're a bit of a noob, messing with your system might not be worthwhile, especially if it seems to be running perfectly. As the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". They won't make anything explode, but it could be annoying.

If you are interested in experimenting with different drivers, or even if you upgrade to the latest official drivers, as many of us do from time to time, you should be aware that it's best to completely remove the old driver. When you install a new driver, a few files will be left from the old driver and these can cause a conflict on your system. To avoid this, you can use a simple freeware program like Driver Cleaner.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Secure-cleaning/Driver-Cleaner.shtml

You can use this to clean up after all kinds of drivers, not just for video cards.
well you cannt call me noob on the 3d cards and its drivers well basically you can call me amateur in the Programming :p

i guess the major lag in the game is due to the crowd , i got 7600 gt , usual framerate of 60 but when the ball goes near boundary or the crowd is on the screen the framerate drops drastically to around 15 . does anyone here know how to turn off crowd in the demo mode ;) ???

one more thing : the grass that i get in my game is a little too shiny for my liking ,is it with all people or just me??? :upray

Last edited:
yes great work whitehornmatt it is really helping me

Drewska said:
Thanks the game runs at a good rate now, but still looks crap :(
You might want to put it at either a slightly higher resolution or slowly introduce filtering or anti-aliasing. These settings may be too low for what your card is capable of, but the defaults are too high, so slowly make your way to the middle to get the best performance to looks ratio.

mehkar said:
I canrt see the manage 3d settings options what I have to do
Simple problem really, the one you want to click is highlighted in my screenshot it is the 3D settings one with the icon. The other link is under Recent tasks and seeing as how this is the first time you would have ran the program, it isn't going to be there

I've downloaded the driver...and unzipped it. but how do you install it? Can someone please help me.

Users who are viewing this thread