Icc 2008

hmmm. It seems to me that it's basically ICC3 with updated rosters. Very disappointed.

New fielding engine.
New training techniques which give you greater control on what the batsman/bowler learns in training.
New catching animations.
Tweaks to the game engine.
Improvement to the ball tracker.

It is not "ICC3 with updated rosters".

is the highlights much the same speed as in ICC 3 ? and does the ball hit the boundries jst as fast ? no slower shots when the ball trickles over the rope

ICC08 is way too hard. I'm repeatedly getting smashed.

Gilly Fan added 9 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Would anyone like to tell me why in every single test when I'm only on 2 bars at defensive I'm repeatedly at 5-80?

Gilly Fan added 9 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Tour matches are easy though.

Gilly Fan added 4 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Far out. England make 519. I then get bowled out for 239 and 232.

ICC08 is way too hard. I'm repeatedly getting smashed.

Gilly Fan added 9 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Would anyone like to tell me why in every single test when I'm only on 2 bars at defensive I'm repeatedly at 5-80?

Gilly Fan added 9 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Tour matches are easy though.

I bump it up to 3 bars after they move up a few bars of settledness unless they are a crap player. I try to get on top of the bowling with my top 4 and then it's easier for the lower order guys to come in and get scores. Also some of the bowlers are too good, like Darren Sammy.

is the highlights much the same speed as in ICC 3 ? and does the ball hit the boundries jst as fast ? no slower shots when the ball trickles over the rope

The highlights are a bit faster than those in ICC3 I think. Also, when you clicked over in ICC3 it did it ball by ball and very slow but now it does it like how it did it in ICC06. At least they have gone back to what was best in that respect.

New fielding engine.
New training techniques which give you greater control on what the batsman/bowler learns in training.
New catching animations.
Tweaks to the game engine.
Improvement to the ball tracker.

It is not "ICC3 with updated rosters".

Pretty bloody close, though.

New catching animations and improvement to the ball tracker are purely aesthetic anyway and nigh on pointless.

Played the demo for one test (Eng v NZ) and it seems a hell of a lot better than ICC3 which was terrible. The run rates are a lot more realistic and it just has the feel of ICC06 which is a positive step forward.

One other good thing is that the graphics work fine on my laptop!

I'm no lover of the 3D graphics, I preffered 2D but they seem a bit better than ICC3 although the ball still moves to the boundary far to quickly.

The general layout seems fine to me. Overall I think it's pretty good so far. The most important thing is realistic game play and its seems fine in that respect so far :happy

Just found this gem of a Regen. I'm in 2011 i think. He's a pure batter, but his bowling average is like 24 or something. He's sick! He's like my go-to man to break partnerships!

In other news, i love this game!

The most important thing is realistic game play and its seems fine in that respect so far :happy

Teams can still post ridiculously large fourth innings totals, chasing a win on a pitch in poor condition.
I hope it's a oncer, but I'm a little concerned.

icc2008screenshotet7.png

Users who are viewing this thread