ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have a feeling Smith is going to score a match winning ton here .. WIndies intensity is lowering a bit now

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
How long until Russell is finally ruled out of the World cup ... breaks down in this game too

Neo 7

National Board President
India
Avengers
Harking back to former Halcyon times, 15 yrs never lost a test series, fabulous to see the fire of Babylon ablaze with passion once more, Aussies reeling!!

That carves the tempo of the innings . :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
This is just so pathetic, Warner and Smith were punished and rightly so. They have served their punishment and are back and stop with the boos. Really pathetic from the crowd. Ashes will be more interesting for the same reason. If you want to boo, boo for all the players in the tournament who have done something or other to bring disgrace to world cricket, boo Andre Russel for doping, boo Mohammad Amir for fixing which for me is the biggest offense, boo Ben Stokes for that fighting incident, boo Hardik Pandya for that derogatory comments on women.. why just boo at one or two player?

The only reason I want Australia to reach the finals and loose to India is because of this.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Superb knock from Smith .. thats why he is considered as the one of the best batsmen today

WIndies has been sloppy with the ball after the initial dream start - 22 extras in 40 overs is 22 extras too many in a World Cup game

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is just so pathetic, Warner and Smith were punished and rightly so. They have served their punishment and are back and stop with the boos. Really pathetic from the crowd. Ashes will be more interesting for the same reason. If you want to boo, boo for all the players in the tournament who have done something or other to bring disgrace to world cricket, boo Andre Russel for doping, boo Mohammad Amir for fixing which for me is the biggest offense, boo Ben Stokes for that fighting incident, boo Hardik Pandya for that derogatory comments on women.. why just boo at one or two player?

The only reason I want Australia to reach the finals and loose to India is because of this.

Slightly off the topic, but why would you group Hardik with players who have brought the game into disrepute and a player who committed assault? I’m not exactly sure on what he did say, but I don’t think it was anything derogatory...

And the reason for the Aussies being booed is quite simple, I remember Lehmann openly asking the Aussie crowd to boo and make Broad cry in the Ashes. The Aussies have for long portrayed themselves as the hard but fair men of cricket, with their imaginary line of fair conduct and misbehaviour being arbitrarily moved and excused whenever it’s an Aussie involved in any controversy. Quite simply put, the Aussies were hypocrites in nearly every controversy during Lehmann’s tenure and the two main culprits are receiving the fair end of the stick for that. Given that it’s their oldest and fiercest rivals who are involved in booing them (nearly every other country’s fans seem to be feeling sorry for the duo), it’s quite understandable really.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Slightly off the topic, but why would you group Hardik with players who have brought the game into disrepute and a player who committed assault? I’m not exactly sure on what he did say, but I don’t think it was anything derogatory...

And the reason for the Aussies being booed is quite simple, I remember Lehmann openly asking the Aussie crowd to boo and make Broad cry in the Ashes. The Aussies have for long portrayed themselves as the hard but fair men of cricket, with their imaginary line of fair conduct and misbehaviour being arbitrarily moved and excused whenever it’s an Aussie involved in any controversy. Quite simply put, the Aussies were hypocrites in nearly every controversy during Lehmann’s tenure and the two main culprits are receiving the fair end of the stick for that. Given that it’s their oldest and fiercest rivals who are involved in booing them (nearly every other country’s fans seem to be feeling sorry for the duo), it’s quite understandable really.
I would group Hardik because he represents the sport CRICKET. He made his name because of cricket. Also I do agree that Australia have been hypocrites and have given a tough stick to other teams when it comes to them, Smith today is playing against West Indies... if this was an England match or a South African match.. I would understand the crowd booing seeing they face that the most. Also an eye for an eye will make the world blind.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
On a different topic, I just learnt yesterday that Bhuvneshwar Kumar has not bowled a single no ball since 2015 that is 410 overs without bowling a no ball.. wow :clap:eek:

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Excellent fight back by Australia. I feel this is a winning total and if Australia wins, Smith is the player of the match for me.
Today Smith and yesterday Rohit showed as how to construct an innings when the situation is little tough.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I would group Hardik because he represents the sport CRICKET. He made his name because of cricket. Also I do agree that Australia have been hypocrites and have given a tough stick to other teams when it comes to them, Smith today is playing against West Indies... if this was an England match or a South African match.. I would understand the crowd booing seeing they face that the most. Also an eye for an eye will make the world blind.

Fair enough, but I still maintain that I don’t see anything wrong with what Pandya did.

As for the Aussies, the only reason is because the World Cup is in England. If this tournament was happening in India, you’d be seeing the same English and Proteas fans being shocked that they’re cheered and worshipped by the Indian fans and claim that it ruins the mythical spirit of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread