ICC World T20 Bangladesh 2014

Any chance of a non-biased Indian commentator on Sky? Seems to be a lot of slating of Moeen Ali in particular and arse licking of Indian players.

One of the commentator was from Pakistan.. may be Wasim Akram (don't know exactly the game)

They were equally slating Varon Aaron of poor fielding...
Now, What did you say ? 'Biased' ?

Wasim was commentating I think, but there were two who were doing it. I think the phrase, "the wrong man has gone there", when Morgan got out (with Moeen the other batsman in) said it all.

England are absolutely horrible. I mean India were absolutely pathetic today with bowling and fielding and still won the game by 20 runs. If India play like this in the real tournament, I don't expect us to reach semi finals. Our opening is a real worry for us because they are unable to hit any boundaries in the starting overs. Death bowling is also another worry for us as always because we don't know who will bowl for us in death overs

Wasim was commentating I think, but there were two who were doing it. I think the phrase, "the wrong man has gone there", when Morgan got out (with Moeen the other batsman in) said it all.
With required rate over 10 and Moeen batting slowly, Morgon getting out made England lose the match today.
Moeen may be a good batsman, but with today's run rate requirement, wasn't Morgan the wrong man to get out ?

England are absolutely horrible. I mean India were absolutely pathetic today with bowling and fielding and still won the game by 20 runs. If India play like this in the real tournament, I don't expect us to reach semi finals. Our opening is a real worry for us because they are unable to hit any boundaries in the starting overs. Death bowling is also another worry for us as always because we don't know who will bowl for us in death overs

I don't rate our chances at all. Today was a much improved performance according to the pundits....

I don't think any English fan expects us to do well in this tournament, I certainly can't see us progressing through the group stage.

So Zimbabwe need to thrash the UAE and hope the Netherlands beat Ireland to qualify, fingers crossed.

I'd expect us to beat the qualifier, which looks like being Ireland, but in every other game, we'll be massive underdogs and rightly so. So one win expected, maybe fluke another one thanks to Morgan/Buttler. That's about the only hope though for me.

I know I said that Bell shouldn't be in the squad, but he is, so why hasn't he played in either of the warm ups? I mean, even if England don't see him in the team (i.e. the top 6 batsmen), you could have him come in at 8 or something, just to get some practice, in case he's needed. It seems like even Giles sees no need for him to be there. We may as well have picked another bowler or something.

That's understandable, but there's no disputing who the best international T20 team in the world are.

I think based on international & all tournament since 2007, PAK are the best T20 team, they have been to each T20 W Cup semi final to date & beat WI in the caribbean last year after all.

Mark Chapman? Just curious did he do quite well in school cricket?

Yea, I think he was in the first XI every year except his first. He was always getting his name called out in assembly for doing well in games. Back then he was more of an all-rounder though, but since playing for HK he's hardly had to bowl

Good win for Zimbabwe....was a lot tighter than I thought it would be..could have won this........can't see Holland beating Ireland. Could be over before we even started.

Can't see it myself either ! :yes

because we don't know how to bowl in death overs

Fixed. ;)
And in the same match Chris Jordan was so impressive with his yorkers in his second last over that Dhoni was lucky to have survived.
Seriously, why can't we put the yorkers in? Even harder is changing up the pace, so it'll never be an option. I did read somewhere that Dhoni will use his spinners in the last overs, but I don't see it viable!

Afghanistan didn't do justice with their bowling abilities today, but then their fielding was absolutely terrible which added to their adversity. Someone like Shenwari didn't have any control over his leg-spinners. He's capable of much more. But still, Afghanistan should chase this easily.

Fixed. ;)
And in the same match Chris Jordan was so impressive with his yorkers in his second last over that Dhoni was lucky to have survived.
Seriously, why can't we put the yorkers in? Even harder is changing up the pace, so it'll never be an option. I did read somewhere that Dhoni will use his spinners in the last overs, but I don't see it viable!

Afghanistan didn't do justice with their bowling abilities today, but then their fielding was absolutely terrible which added to their adversity. Someone like Shenwari didn't have any control over his leg-spinners. He's capable of much more. But still, Afghanistan should chase this easily.

Problem is Afg need to chase it in about 13.2 overs just to get the RR above zero. Added to the fact that I doubt Bangladesh will lose, it wont, unfortunately, be enough.

Users who are viewing this thread