ICCCT2006: 2nd Semi-final - SA v WI

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
2nd Semi-final - SA v WI

2nd Semi-final: SA v WI, Jaipur - 2 Nov

Interesting one could go either way, Windies batting is a real strong point and if their bowling fires SA may well be on their way out.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just like you pointed out it will be West Indies batting against South Africa's bowling.

I would like to see a South Africa vs Australia final, but I wish all the teams best luck. West Indies have shown some great performances during this tournament, so I wouldn't mind seeing them in the final too.

gaurav_indian

International Coach
I will be supporting West Indies now!West Indies - Aus final will be good.Bcoz recently only WI have beaten the aussies.

irottev

School Cricketer
This is too close to call.

I will be going for West Indies though. I like more of their players.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
I think the South Africans are getting stronger every game, and the Windies seem to be on their usual roller coaster ride. I hold little chance that the Blackcaps can upset the Aussies, sadly. They look so dominant at the moment that a first Champions Trophy win looks all but sealed. But at every turn of this tournament there has been one consistency, unpredictability of outcome. The underdog somehow seems to sneak a win, but i think the cream is starting to rise to the top. So im predicting a SA vs AUS final, which will be exciting after their world record match from last season.

Lets just hope that we get good ODI pitches for a fair chance for bat and ball!

may the best team win.

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
I hope SA lose, they are a very very strong team and prob will be able to break Australia especially with Pollock and Ntni.

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
The West Indies seems to be the team that always beats us in important games,so it should be a good game.Their batting looks strong with Gayle,Chanderpaul,Sarwan and Lara in there,and Taylor has been bowling well.Hopefully Gibbs and the rest of the top order can get some runs!Also will be interesting to see if Petersen is included and who he replaces,or if it will be an all seam attack.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Well all four teams are capable of going all the way so really its gonna be down to who performs on the given day. Between South Africa and West Indies I'd have to pick the former simply because of their bowling attack. Not many would want to be facing the likes of Ntini, Nel and Pollock right now. And although the Windies have been in superb form in ODIs for some time now (barring that one off against SL), I still think a good quality bowling attack can really trouble the Windies batsmen.

Afridi no 1

Club Cricketer
South Africa has a good bowling attack so it will be a tough time for the West Indies... On the other hand New Zealand are looking good in batting and as well as in bowling.... but Australia are the favourties so i would like them to go to the finals.... Australia vs Soth Africa final would be a very interesting one ... :happy

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm going to be controversial and predict a comfortable victory for South Africa. I just think that no matter how good the West Indies seem to be, there old habbits of collapsing drastically have not yet deserted them, and it comes back to bite them every now and again.

Octavius

Club Cricketer
i have to agree here, the West Indies , like NZ are too reliant on one or two players to get them thru, whereas SA, who might also have the batting wobbles have a devestating bowling attack.

However, i think the pitch will play its part and the windies slow bowling attack might have the last say

will be a great game to watch!

go windies!!!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Well WI have actually come good. Their top order would rival the best atm. Chanderpaul, Gayle, Bravo and Sarwan all have fired this tournament and Lara at 5 hasn't yet but WI still have managed some decent totals. If you can get the top 5 then you may well see a collapse if not look out.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
i would like to see Windies and NZ in the finals. Lara needs to do a better their bowling has been good and so has their opening pair and NZ were a suprise for me but their batting has been good and their bowling too.

Users who are viewing this thread