ICCCT2006: Final - Aus vs WI

I think that Australia looked out of character during the early part of the first innings. They showed what they were made of afterwards though. Overall, they won the trophy through team performances rather than individual ones.

I would like to know what you are going to do with this sub forum now. I don't remember there being a sub forum for an individual competition before.

What a poor final, really disappointing dull affair. How are West Indies going to fair in the World Cup if they constantly produce such up and down performances? Id give credit where its due to the Aussie but any team would and should have beaten that tired lot.

Cheers

Skateboarder said:
I think that Australia looked out of character during the early part of the first innings. They showed what they were made of afterwards though. Overall, they won the trophy through team performances rather than individual ones.

I would like to know what you are going to do with this sub forum now. I don't remember there being a sub forum for an individual competition before.

Should have opened with McGrath but opening Bracken was a master stroke so evens it out a bit. The Windies in that sort of mood are very hard to stop, they would have taken most teams to the cleaners especially after that start but Australia showed real fight and amazingly they restricted WI to less than 150.

Congrats Australia. Deserved.

West Indies just wern't good enough. From what I saw of it, less the first 10 overs, it wasn't a fantastic game but oh well.

I think the West Indian openers should be comended. That track was gripping the ball, there was plenty in it for the bowlers and for Gayle and Chanderpaul to get off to the flyer they did, was outstanding. However, once the sheen came off the ball (and how couldnt it!), the bowlers started to dominate again, with a superb spell from Bracken turning things completely around. Thats what we have come to expect from the winning Aussies, someone usually steps up when the chips are down.

It has been a fantastic competition, and overall i think much good cricket and exciting prospects have appeared as we head forward to the World Cup.

It will be interesting to see if the West Indies can gain some consistency based at home in March 2007.

I for one, am really looking forward to the WC07 with great anticipation, because you can guarantee great competition wickets, where batter and fast bowler can show their wares!

Congratulations to Australia for achieving their only unattained trophy!

They developed a new gameplan and stuck to it thruought and brought home the reward. Watson's unbeaten 50 in the final game was a nice statement.

now i look forward to England stepping it up for the Ashes, lets hope this one doesn't fizzle out :)

Windies middle order is where it all went wrong for them. All they had to do is play there shots and didn't really need to rush at all with a start like that.

DID know that Australia is going to win this one, cuz magic happens once only not twice and 2nd continues win of champions trophy for w. indies and against Australia seems impossible

Users who are viewing this thread