ICCCT2006: 1st Semi Final - Aus v NZ

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
cricketmad09 said:
New Zealand are just a really ordinary side. Thier bowling is decent, but thier batting is pathetic.

Batting isn't pathetic just inconsistant. We have under 4 million people compared to the 20+ of Australia. I think we would have beaten the other 2 teams. At least we went down to Aussies.

And this pitch is not like a New Zealand one. NZ pitches usually product 280-300 scores. Coney in the pitch report was saying he was dissapoined at the pitch and now I see why. A belter was sitting next door un-used.

Just remember we arn't the only side to go out under 100 (nor in this series or on this pitch infact) (and we could make it over yet) so calling us pathetic yet not WI or Pakistan (or whoever they were) is a little bit harsh.

I don't know why everyone is surprised. I'm not. Did we forget what a big factor McGrath is?

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I don't find New Zealand pathetic. They've a good allround team. They beat South Africa and Pakistan to get to the semi-finals and that says enough about them.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Their bowling is top notch, if they got rid of Franklin and had Styris it is even better. Batting definitely is the weakness.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
bowling is only top notch when bond is around, remember last year when australia toured new zealand all the nz bowlers went over the park

irottev

School Cricketer
I think Cairns left a hole. I really wish he stayed on with us until after the World Cup.

We depend too much on Astle, Fleming and Styris. The fact that Marshall isn't performing is what keeps letting us down. When he was in, he needed to play the Martyn role. He has the potential, he showed it at the start of his career and in England County.

I would like to see McCullum tried opening perhaps. Move Vincent to 3 and Astle to 4. Get Marshall and Fulton back to domestic and try some new guys. To be honest with you, we don't have a hell of a lot.

Whilst Fulton's wicket today was pretty appauling, his previous 2 were bullshit decisions. Can't blame him for that. We need players who can bat overseas.

Taylor and Ryder is pretty much it.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
i have asked in previous page itself,

Can anyone say what happened to the experienced cricketer Craig McMillan ?

NZ cud have gone with Astle n Fleming as opening pairs ( to try something diff becos vincent n Marshal are yet to contribute something good enough in this CT ) and cud have tried to be patient for first 15 overs....

jazz

Panel of Selectors
i dont think the selectors picked him for the squad

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yea thats true, Bond makes such a difference. My God he was good today.
Agreed on Cairns leaving a hole, with him there NZ would have 5 good bowlers and a few handy bowlers.

If anything NZ need to move Vettori up the order thus giving them another front line bowler as his batting is as good as some of those guys above.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I have full faith that McGrath can show the longevity of Walsh and Hadlee, if he chooses, which at the extreme could mean going to the 2011 WC.

It's as much a numbers thing as it is simply the brilliance of McGrath. You put any three bowlers of that much quality together and it will be hard to fault.

cricketmad09

International Coach
irottev said:
Batting isn't pathetic just inconsistant. We have under 4 million people compared to the 20+ of Australia. I think we would have beaten the other 2 teams. At least we went down to Aussies.

And this pitch is not like a New Zealand one. NZ pitches usually product 280-300 scores. Coney in the pitch report was saying he was dissapoined at the pitch and now I see why. A belter was sitting next door un-used.

Just remember we arn't the only side to go out under 100 (nor in this series or on this pitch infact) (and we could make it over yet) so calling us pathetic yet not WI or Pakistan (or whoever they were) is a little bit harsh.

I don't know why everyone is surprised. I'm not. Did we forget what a big factor McGrath is?
Bangladesh has 150 million. So what?

jazz

Panel of Selectors
i think they should open with oram or Mc cullum, they are both agrssive players and can get us off to a flyer in the first 20 overs

vettori wont be a longterm opener that can solve the siutation. i would like to see harris brought back to the side aswell and mcmillian

irottev

School Cricketer
surendar said:
i have asked in previous page itself,

Can anyone say what happened to the experienced cricketer Craig McMillan ?

Bracewell told him to get fit. He is still young and has lots of experiance, we should perhaps look to get him back. Infact, Chris Harris is another one. I know that he is old, but at least he is dependable.

I think, at the end of the day. It was a tough series. I don't believe changes need to be made (yet), we got to the semis and lost to the best team.

Styris can only be replaced by McMillian I feel. No other player we have can match the experiance lost.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
also for franklin he needs to get axed, i dont really mind whether anyone out of mason, butler, adams or even tuffey!!! replaces him

atleast tuffey was accurate and got seam

irottev

School Cricketer
cricketmad09 said:
Bangladesh has 150 million. So what?

Bangladesh is a third world country. I think that has made it quite a problem until now. They are emerging.

Look mate, your comments are arrogant and only intended to cause trouble. At least have the courtasy like others of saying our batmen didn't perform without saying we are pathetic. The fact is, they all have a hell of a lot more talent then you.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Vettori definitely isn't an opener. Maybe 5 or 6.
Opener wise McCullum maybe, Oram could be good too.

Lol commentators just dished Ponting's captaincy. Full agree though, hes not aggressive enough, we are totally on the front foot here, surely we should have more catchers.

Users who are viewing this thread