ICCCT2006: Final - Aus vs WI

All Out For 137!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zomg From 0/50 From Five Overs To All Out For 137!!!!!!!!!!

Lee needs to get back his accuracy looked like he had gone back to his old days, lucky Bracken saved our ass. Once again we have setup the match by smashing the opponents out of the park in the 1st inns.

I think Brett Lee is frustrated that he is not as fast (on the speed gun and it is a slow pitch) so he is sacrifising his accuracy for out and out pace.

He should have got over that fixation but now, hes meant to have turned over a new leaf and started reducing his pace for swing.

Interesting, Gayle opening the bowler. At least they are trying everything to win it.

Has been a while since that last happened. Watson would be our main chance to do that in the future but highly unlikely.

The Gayle experiment only went 1 over, just too much of an ask for him that early.
Gilly out, good early break through for the Windies.

Ponting new he was out immediately. His gone for a duck. Geez, that's like his 1st duck since the 2nd Test of the Ashes last year isn't it?

I'm sure Martyn will do well as his experienced & a quality player at that. Watson will also feel that he has something to prove.

no he got a duck againt SL at adelaide in the VB series

langerrox said:
Katich back? I doubt that. Katich can't field, bat or bowl Watson can do all three (sometimes) :D. I donno about Jaques his technique doesnt seem up to scratch to me..
There is a hell of a alot more to scoring runs than having the correct technique. Ever consider power, placement, concentration, patience, intellegence, stamina?

Take Ramprakash for eg.

He has a very good technique, but look at what he has done in international cricket? Nothing. He could only score runs in a competition that, quite frankly, I could score a couple of runs in.

to be perfectly honest, based on this series performances, he SHOULD be in the team based on his batting or his bowling. He has proved his worth with bat and ball but constantly he receives abuse and doubt for his ability. Carn watto, your my hero

According to baggygreen, the players should be back on soon. What is the minimum amount of overs to make a match?

cricketmad09 said:
According to baggygreen, the players should be back on soon. What is the minimum amount of overs to make a match?
Twenty. Fortunately we're not using that ridculous rule where they start the match again if we don't get the overs in, and if we don't get the full twenty overs in today, we'll come back tomorrow and carry on from where we left off.

Users who are viewing this thread