ICCCT2006: 2nd Semi-final - SA v WI

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well all 4 are equally capable of reaching the Finals and lifting the cup.
Personally i'd like to see NZ and Sa face each other off in the Finals

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
iceman_waugh said:
Personally i'd like to see NZ and Sa face each other off in the Finals

Me too expecting the same!!!

But Windies look mighty at the moment with almost all players ( Gayle,Chanderpaul,Sarwan,Bravo,Lara ) in form!!!

SA have good bowling attack too... Not going to be easy for both the teams!!!:)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Windies do have the bowlers to threaten in Taylor and Bradshaw so obviously SA will be seeing them off and then getting into the less threats. Seeing the last 2 games were high scoring ones plus the fact this ground has had weeks to prepare for this game we surely will be seeing the traditional spinning pitches that we expected from the start which won't suit either team with no recognized spinner.

irottev

School Cricketer
I don't even think he is recognised. I think every international side has a 2nd in command spinner better than him.

I pick West Indies to win. South Africa have been having a few of the same issues we were having with the top order and stuff. WI have played better cricket in this competition so I believe deserve the spot.

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
True,our top order has had a terrible time,but our bowling has been devastating.Yea,and Petersen isn't that good a spinner,but he's been doing his job well enough.The West indies batting seems to be their strong point,but this could be neutralised by our bowlers.Should be a close game.

Edit:
Wtf!?Bosman comes in for Dippenaar,and Langeveld out for Petersen! :eek: .They put a guy in who hasn't played yet in this tournament now in a semi final,I don't understand that.And Langeveld was bowling beautifly in the last match,should have been in instead of Nel.

Last edited:

irottev

School Cricketer
That is strange indeed. I agree!

SA got off to a good start, but wickets have been falling and so they need a partnership.

Ella Wilson

School Cricketer
Cricket is game of luck, when what happen no one can say? so, let's see ............
still SA is at 195/5 in 42 over..........

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Gayle and Chanderpaul are on fire,we got no answer to this,bowlers are getting thrashed.Our only hope now is to take the pace off the ball.I also think we batted too cautiously,now were going to pay.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Excelent Win by Windies... Amzing,wonderful,excellent batting by Chris Gayle!!! :clap

Helpman

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
oh well, maybe next time for South Africa. Great stuff by Windies, hope they give the aussies a run for their money!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
As I predicted Windies top order is a real strength. What is more scary is the Windies had 6 overs and Gayle still there, they could have got a real biggie had they batted first. SA so called strength was far from that, top 3 bowlers took an absolute smashing and the other bowlers used weren't much better.

Second final we have met the Windies now so this should be a goodie.

irottev

School Cricketer
Man, what a fantastic innings from Gayle.

I hope Chanderpaul is ok for the next match. I was a little dissapointed that Smith found him exiting the field a joke. :/ Childish.

The SA bowlers wern't good enough. When Smith ends with the best figures you know something went wrong. Sadly he is a better spinner then that Petersen guy.

I think part of it was fantastic batting. SA also didn't make enough runs with the bat, but they shouldn't of conceeded so much in the first 10 overs at any rate.

WI vs Aussie final. Should be a goodie.

Users who are viewing this thread