IGN preview for Don Bradman 14 (Looks cool)

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Off the top of my head, I can think of two such options:

I thought the first is how it would generally work, the second would be handy.

Still, we won't know how intrusive 'pro-view' checking of the field will be, just hope it works. On a lighter note, the IGN video did show some well placed shots in gaps that showed that the batsman must have known where the gaps were.. (admittedly, can only think about that fine glance for four.. and he could probably see that gap due to the bowler cam being used).

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Another compromise might be for the radar to only show when the bowler is at the top of his mark then disappear when he starts running in.

Some brilliant ideas here for the player radar. I like the sound of this one^ the most.

dom2110

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
One small thing, more knit picking really. When Warner edges the ball (3:10) the England keeper dives quite far across the first slip, taking the catch but when Warner walks off Carberry's been given the catch

muzicgalaxy

School Cricketer
One small thing, more knit picking really. When Warner edges the ball (3:10) the England keeper dives quite far across the first slip, taking the catch but when Warner walks off Carberry's been given the catch

You are right actually :thumbs
Ross can you explain that ????

kasabian21

International Coach

Good spot. I thought only AC13 made mistakes like this? :D

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Just because IGN released the video now, there is no guarantee that they were playing the March version of the game. Things started rolling back in November with the playtests with the view for a 2013 release, but that got delayed. It's quite possible that the video was done way back then but held onto due to the release delay.

I hope that is the case, because there are some bugs in that video which would be annoying to find in the released game, if not patched on day 1.

ricky87

Club Captain
Hopefully the sliding can be fixed. I don't mind too much sliding but at about 4:25 the fielder slides beyond the fence and then collects the ball.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Just because IGN released the video now, there is no guarantee that they were playing the March version of the game. Things started rolling back in November with the playtests with the view for a 2013 release, but that got delayed. It's quite possible that the video was done way back then but held onto due to the release delay.

I hope that is the case, because there are some bugs in that video which would be annoying to find in the released game, if not patched on day 1.

Ross confirmed it was filmed back in Oct/Nov.

It was unpatched gameplay.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Ross confirmed it was filmed back in Oct/Nov.

It was unpatched gameplay.

That's good to hear.

Honestly I doubt the released version will just be October version + a small patch. If the game were finished in October, aside from a few small patchable issues, then we wouldn't be receiving it in late March/early April.

My guess is that it just wasn't finished then, more than just needing a small patch, and hence the delay.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Hopefully the sliding can be fixed. I don't mind too much sliding but at about 4:25 the fielder slides beyond the fence and then collects the ball.

He should have used the option of tapping the ball back (which, if I remember correctly, is possible in this game) instead of sliding with it!

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

There could be another animation, don't forget that does happen sometimes in real cricket. I remember sam on IVG mentioning a catch that had a different animation because it was near the rope.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

When i saw it i didn't think it carried Lol my eyes are going :'( I would of appealed that! :lol

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Good catch!

I Don't understand, what do you want him to say? He already said not to expect a game without small bugs.

I'm sorry but incorrect scorekeeping and stats tracking is a major bug in a sport like cricket. Right bowlers and fielders should be credited with wkts and catches.

@BigAntStudios (Ross), can you let us know whether this bug has been fixed in the patch that was added to the game post November? If not, this should be the ideal candidate to be added to the first patch post release.

Users who are viewing this thread