India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Being dismissed three times in a row in very similar fashion are signs of a weakness. You can ignore it, but I am sure he has a shred more cricketing intelligence in his gray matter.

It's a weakness for any right hander against a left arm swinger such as Kahn, and the same for a left hander against someone like Hoggard.

Should be interesting for the remaining part. I think we might get 15 overs in tonight. Hope we can get 2-3 wickets by tonight.

We have a big lead behind us. Should try to attack all the time.
2-3 wickets in 15 overs is surely asking for too much! Expect Strauss to fall but I think the others should be able to manage. :p

I dont think that will happen too soon for your liking. Its still very good out there as far as light is concerned.

What you see on your television is an image that has been through brightness and contrast filters. I don't know how you can possibly say how dark or light it is unless the commentators show the sky how it actually is and say that they have time because the filters aren't used then.

I dont think that will happen too soon for your liking. Its still very good out there as far as light is concerned.

You'd be surprised how quickly the light fades in England. Especially this 'summer'.

Expect Strauss to fall but I think the others should be able to manage. :p

Of course. It's sort of a down payment; You pay for Strauss straight away, and then you pay for the rest as time goes on.

Last edited:
What you see on your television is an image that has been through brightness and contrast filters. I don't know how you can possibly say how dark or light it is unless the commentators show the sky how it actually is and say that they have time because the filters aren't used then.

You can clearly see the sunshine though...

It's a weakness for any right hander against a left arm swinger such as Kahn, and the same for a left hander against someone like Hoggard.
It's not a "weakness" for every batsmen against those type of bowlers. It may be harder, but certainly not a weakness.

I couldn't watch the match, so what was the best performances given by Indian batsman and English bowlers on this day? What really stood out for you?

English bowler - Sidebottom imo. He troubled them right and left but was unlucky :(
Indian batsman - Ganguly imo., although Tendulkar was getting more assertive near the end of his innings.

Indian bowling was horrid near the end, especially Sreesanth.

Our bowlers were awful at the end. Didn't fill me with confidence at all. The advantage is still with India though, by a large margin. However, if India bowl as badly as they did today and England show some more application this innings, they may get away with it.

Imo - 80% India win, 20% Draw.

I couldn't watch the match, so what was the best performances given by Indian batsman and English bowlers on this day? What really stood out for you?

Ganguly was the best of the Indian batters on display today. Tendulkar was troubled a lot by Sidebottom, but he showed glimpses of his class with some wonderful shots (one where he came down the track to loft Panesar brought back memories of his glory days).

Sidebottom was easily the best bowler on display. Nothing else that i can say of england.

our bowling was awful in the end. Sreesanth bowled legspin at the nets today? crap! he must be pulled over by dravid, prasad and other seniors and given stern advice. you cant be that overconfident. you have to be on your toes. but i dont know what problem do the commentators have with sreesanth's routinue of charging himself up every delivery. they seemed to mention it quite often and in not a very positive tone.

Our bowlers were awful at the end. Didn't fill me with confidence at all. The advantage is still with India though, by a large margin. However, if India bowl as badly as they did today and England show some more application this innings, they may get away with it.

Imo - 80% India win, 20% Draw.

May get away with it. Theres still 2 days left, which is a long time in Test Match cricket. England still have a chance in this game. Not a great chance, but they have a chance. Conditions may change towards the end of day 4, could start swinging like it did on days 1+2. It's extremely unlikely, and the most obvious looking outcome is a draw for me. Batting conditions have improved immensely, and England will play a different game. I wouldnt be so confident of an India win.

From what I read on cricinfo Nasser Hussein had a lot to complain about Sree's professionalism? Is he really bowling that badly? In his last over he had one bad ball from the live text I read.

Users who are viewing this thread