India in England/Ireland/Scotland

If we did get a 200 run lead and had a good couple of sessions to bowl at the Indians we would win. Big if though..

I can see us drawing this incidentally, just bat slowly and waste as much time as possible. I can see Cook playing a slow 100 such as in the Ashes.

Sidebottom was ridiculously unlucky, seemingly Panesar stole his luck or something. Tremlett bowled well I thought, obviously he was a bit wide but the fact is for the majority of the day we had 2 top players in form against us and he slowed them down. And what does slowing them down do? Gives us less time to bat...

Laxman has given us a big help here, batting for 150 balls for 50 mainly so he could prove his place rather than attack for the team.

Horrible start for England, Cook has gone, all dismissals in this series is LBW for him. Certainly no doubt about that LBW. We need 2 big scores, Thankfully most of our middle order has done it in the past (Collingwood, Vaughan, KP). We can't lose any more wickets this session. Bat all day today and 1 and a half sessions tomorrow should be enough to save the game, easy task really....

Horrible start for England, Cook has gone, all dismissals in this series is LBW for him. Certainly no doubt about that LBW. We need 2 big scores, Thankfully most of our middle order has done it in the past (Collingwood, Vaughan, KP). We can't lose any more wickets this session. Bat all day today and 1 and a half sessions tomorrow should be enough to save the game, easy task really....

Its not a difficult task if this was the first innings of a match. But since this is England's second innings and they are chasing the game, the pressure makes it even more harder.

What England need to do is play session by session and not think about the time left just as yet.

The two last tailenders for India also got doubtful decisions. The first I think was clipping the stump, so thats a fair call. The one to Sreesanth was never going to hit the stump. Taufel had a bad day. It happens. They can;t be perfect all the time.

And I didn't say Panesar was poor, I just said Ganguly and Tendulkar handled him fine. They played very well and deserved hundreds. His figures got inflated by 2 questionable LBW's against tailenders. Sidebottom deserved the reward. He tried all day without luck. No matter, I just though he really deserved a few more is all.

I think the main thing is, the umpiring won't affect the match. India didn't lose much, luckily, from the decisions.

I agree that Sreesanth's dismissal was unlucky, but in no way was RPs LBW anything other than out. Also as you say, Sidebottom was excellent and only got one wicket! They showed his plot graph and it showed that he passed the bat about 13/14 times on the offside! Overall I thought we didn't bowl that badly. Tremlett was impressive and Panesar was okay without being brilliant. Anderson was a disappointment, couldn't keep the pressure on with too many 4 balls. Still very much under the kosh though.

What a terrible start for England. What England need is one or two of our batsmen to make a big score but I can't help but believe this match is India's.

most of the england crickets have no manners and zaheer was just teaching them some manners

Sledging is part of the game. Testing players out has been going on for donkeys years and it's not just England players that do it.

Dhoni struggling with his keeping here .
Zaheer getting some swing.
We need a few more wickets this session.

my god..don't the Indian fielders ever shut up? they all seems to have something to say..

Sreesanth is just disgracing himself here. I can understand talking and teasing, but you have no right to take it physical especially from a player who has bowled very ordinarily this series.

my god..don't the Indian fielders ever shut up? they all seems to have something to say..

They wooldn`t be this chirpy had England been 200 runs ahead ! :-)

Sreesanth's been shoving people? Someone please elaborate as i've only just got up.

He's a cheeky little swine; Needs to actually bowl well first.

there's been more sledging and argy-bargy in this series than i've seen for years..

really no need for it..

Nah, it's good. I don't mind that stuff. It's good to see from my view, makes the game interesting to watch as long as they aren't throwing punches or swinging bats at each other, it's all good.

Don't mind a bit of arrogance from Sreesanth. Sleding is beast.

Wouldn't do it to Pietersen though. He usually makes runs when teams put words in his ears.

Users who are viewing this thread