India in England/Ireland/Scotland

baburao are you related to anyone called Gambino? On topic anyway god i hope Broady gets a game lol, I know i'm biased but i honestly beleive we'd be winning this series if he'd been playing

Very Good ODi Squad vs India

Cook (Talented Opener and I believe can succeed at the 50 Over format)
Prior (Shown to be agressive and if he gets it right could be a thorn in the Indian side)
Pietersen (Must Play at 3. He is Englands best batsman and if not the worlds best batsman)
Collingwood(Experienced Campaigner and is very reliable)
FlintoffUnstoppable on his day but can be unreliable
BoparaVery Talented OD Player and am looking forward to watching him play
ShahGood WI Series and is another danger player
MascarenhasBowling all rounder who is very economical and he provides lower order hitting
TremlettBounce, Good asset to England
SidebottomLeft Arm Variety and swings it. Could be destroyed against India
PanesarLooks Uncomfortable at One Dayers

We've got a decent team with Cook, Pietersen, Collingwood, Flintoff, Bopara, Shah, Mascarenhas and Tremlett looking good.
Only worries are Prior, Sidebottom and Panesar.

We're not quite at the Indian level but we've got enough quality in there to be competitive.

Bopara bats above Flintoff, in the middle overs against spin I'd rather have Ravi than Freddie.

Your 3 worries....

Panesar - He has struggled and a marathon against India could determine whether he has what it takes or not.

Sidebottom - Well he was expensive vs the WIndies but he is accurate. Whether I'd playing Jimmy over him I'm not so sure, I might do.

Prior - Well, he has had 4-5 starts for England he just hasn't gone on. He'll get there eventually.

That's Prior's problem. He probably doesn't know his role. Cook is the innings builder but what is Prior? Does he get quick 30s and 40s? Or does he bat through and get hundreds?

I think Prior should try and get quick runs and put the opposition under pressure from the word go. But in the process he should try and convert his quick 40s and 50s into the odd hundred. Basically Prior should provide England with what Gilchrist has done for Australia or atleast half of that. I think Prior is capable.

Sureshot

turning the stump mics down, i dont think that should happen. you need to hear these things, it make it entartaining and if some player says he has been sledged racially etc.. you can check the stump mics.

india's odi squad is also to be selected tomorrow i think.

I can't recall any teams in the World that have won a series out of their Country recently.

A team ranked 2nd has to compare itself to other countries? to know where they stand?

in your case, then England ranked 2nd would make no difference.

First there is Australia and then the rest (no second or third).

A team ranked 2nd has to compare itself to other countries? to know where they stand?

Obviously, you compare yourself to other teams! That's what the rankings are for!

England have shown why they are 2nd in the world; beating Australia in 2005, beating SA at home (something India failed to do last time).

The thing with the England side is that apart from KP, and to a slight (very small extent) Collingwood I don't think the others are capable of making 100s. There seems to be too many bits and pieces players in there.

England and Sri Lanka are joint second currently. Irrespective of what happens in the current series, England will still remain a very good test team.

The rankings got more to do with Englands full strength team, not one missing Freddie, Harmie,Hoggy and Simon Jones

The thing with the England side is that apart from KP, and to a slight (very small extent) Collingwood I don't think the others are capable of making 100s. There seems to be too many bits and pieces players in there.

Bell should be.

Collingwood is very capable of making hundreds.

Cook should be.

Bopara could.

There are hundred makers in our ODI side.

England's batsmen are dominating according to the above link, and India's top three bowlers; Kumble, Zaheer, and RP, are doing well, as shown by the link below.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/eng.../most_wickets_career.html?id=2872;type=series
Our scoring has not been concentrated around a few players. We've got all our players apart from Dravid in good nick which should mean that we will continue to bat well. Of course, the "out of form" players may as well justify the law of averages and come up with big knocks in the final test.

I can't recall any teams in the World that have won a series out of their Country recently.
India beat Bangladesh fewer than 3 months ago. :p

I am looking in the present. The team you are presently using is the same team that was used in the world cup whereby they didn't do very well.

No we didn't do well. That's very perceptive of you. Shame we got through to the Super 8's though isn't it?
The win over Bangladesh wasn't exactly smooth sailing was it? :rolleyes:

And the Indian ODI squad has been released? Must have missed it.

Last edited:
...beating Australia in 2005, beating SA at home (something India failed to do last time).
So if we beat you here, we do something Australia failed to do last time... so that makes us better than them? Or it must surely make us better than you? Or is it down to injuries again. :p

I think England have to look towards crossing the final hurdle--the subcontinent--if they are to be anywhere close to Australia and really separate themselves from the packs. Just as India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka traditionally struggle in England, West Indies, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, the latter teams struggle in the subcontinent.

That's not to say that England aren't a good team--they probably are second in the world. But I think they are way too overhyped.

Still a win. Plus, India had higher expectations since they are a better team.

There are a whopping seven ODIs. If they are all played, we will no doubt know who the better team playing in England are, especially since the injuries of stars like Flintoff and Munaf Patel will have healed and the excuses will have run out for the fans of the losing team.

Back on the topic of the deciding test match, the much hyped Indian batting line up who won the game for India (with the aid of Zaheer Khan) will simply have to score runs to bat England out of the test in what will no doubt be a flat Oval pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread