India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Splendid batting from this pair.

This groundsman wants shooting. Twice. How can he prepare a picth like this for a Test that the home side had to win? Why is that English groundsman are the only ones in the world who make pitches that suit the opposite team?

I changed my mind. He wants shooting three times.
As much as you want to, you can't say England have really bowled badly. The pitch is just that placid. England will shoot themselves in the foot if they take this last wicket; They'll no doubt make the pitch look an absolute minefield when it's their turn, losing 2 wickets tonight in typical English fashion.

On the other hand, Alastair Cook is due a 400...

Is Dravid going for a draw? We've batted England out of the game. It now depends on if we want to go for a kill or not.

Going for a win will be very difficult on this pitch, but getting in a few fast-past overs before close is a good idea.

With Sree's Wicket, we'll be able to get in a few overs now.

Last edited:
I think India should declare now. If they are hoping they lose this last wicket, they should throw it out. The remaining overs for the day are evaporating rapidly, and we desperately need a shot at the tired England batsmen tonight and prise out a few wickets if possible. Sreesanth is batting like a top order batsman and is enjoying it out there.

I do not understand what India are trying to achieve here ?
Its all great to see runs being piled up but the main aim of the excercise is to win this game.
I hope India get bowled out because they do not seem to intend to declare here.

These runs which they are getting are all redundant.
I don`t think England want to pick up the wicket either. Sreesanth is defending as if they are trying to save the game. I`d take a bad decision from Howell now.
C`mon Monty get him !

I`ve been granted my wish ! Kumble ends up unbeaten on 110.
Now for a 5er from Anil , and we have our latest all-rounder !

Nah, every run twists the dagger even further into the wounded English cricket team. They should look to bat for as much as they can.

I simply cannot believe we are about to lose at home to India of all teams. We went unbeaten against the likes of a then ranked 2nd South Africa, the dangerous if ever so inconsistent Pakistan, Aust-bloody-ralia, New Zealand, the Windies and the Lanks. Now it's all come to an end against India.

/sourgrapesrant.

Is Dravid going for a draw? To be honest, we've batted England out of the game. It now depends on if we want to go for a kill or not.

It doesn't matters actually as we are already in safer side with 1-0.

Finally, India getting all out for 664. Dominating score. Well done the entire team. Once again when comes to our bowling, my only hope is on Kumble. ;) Kumble is yet to play a crucial role in bowling. Lets see how the Indian bowlers respond to this situation.

Great knock from Kumble.
Can England return the favor now and make a simliar score.
As I said England can take a lot if they make 500.

Oh thank god! Sreesanth got out and has given us hopes on having a crack at the England batsmen. I am not much impressed with Dravid and his captaincy. Hope he retires early or gives captaincy to some one else. I havent liked Dravid as the captain.

I do not understand what India are trying to achieve here ?

I'd have thought it was pretty obvious. Play for the draw first to seal the series.
That said I'm pretty certain we'll lose this game given the propensity for our batsmen to get themselves out on even the most batsman-friendly tracks.

God i can't wait for the football season! Well batted India so far, i still think we would have won if we played broad :p

Nah, every run twists the dagger even further into the wounded English cricket team. They should look to bat for as much as they can.

I simply cannot believe we are about to lose at home to India of all teams. We went unbeaten against the likes of a then ranked 2nd South Africa, the dangerous if ever so inconsistent Pakistan, Aust-bloody-ralia, New Zealand, the Windies and the Lanks. Now it's all come to an end against India.

/sourgrapesrant.
As if India is just like Zim,Bangladesh.:rolleyes:Dude in the recent past India have better home and away against the number one team Australia.;)

Oh thank god! Sreesanth got out and has given us hopes on having a crack at the England batsmen. I am not much impressed with Dravid and his captaincy. Hope he retires early or gives captaincy to some one else. I havent liked Dravid as the captain.
Mate we have to make sure that we seal the series first.Thats what he has done.Dravid is not a fool.Now England have to do all the hardwork.:p

Last edited:

Dravid... for what? :what

I felt his decision of not declaring was the right thing to do when we are in 1-0. If we have scored around 700(680-700) and made England to get all out by, say, 380 ( just for example ), then still we are having a good chance to win this match rather than having to bat again. :)

Dravid's only weak point in captaincy is, he is not as aggressive as Ponting or Smith or Fleming when comes to captain job. He is very soft natured captain :p

Last edited:
go check Harmison's first class averagefor this season..its something like 30+ wkts at around 15 runs per wicket..i'd sa that was none to shabby

I meant Harmison's international form and Jones' county form.

I simply cannot believe we are about to lose at home to India of all teams.
Just like it was particularly shameful for India to draw the series at home, eh, against one of the shabbiest tourists of India? ;)

That said I'm pretty certain we'll lose this game given the propensity for our batsmen to get themselves out on even the most batsman-friendly tracks.
It only takes one good ball to get a batsman out even on a good track, so I really feel you shouldn't be making excuses already. :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread