India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Even the thought of how things would`ve been , had India bowled first scares me !
A super toss to win this .

Is this the first time every batsmen has reached double figures?

Nevermind:

cricinfo said:
only the 12th time in Test history that all the batsmen have moved into double figures

The scorecard which I saw now doesn't convince me to believe.. India has gone extremely well with 600 runs. Hats off to Sachin though he missed his century. Nevermind, he has done extremely well in this tour proving that he is not wasting his time in cricket life like what Chappel said. :p

Well done Sachin! Proud to have you in the team still. :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

And great contribution from Laxman and Dhoni. In particular, it was nice to notice a quick fireworks from him. I missed all :( Missed those sixes! Another suprising knock from Kumble. Will like to see a century.. Just 10 runs short of his first Test Century. This reminds me the innings which he played with Azhar in SA to avoid follow-on.

India in dominating position. I can sense a series win which is a very very important one for the team.

Top score for India from Kumble. Amazing!

Can Kumble get the first hundred by an Indian on this tour?

Sreesanth is enjoying himself too. Adi, I feel we could have been screwed if we had bowled first. Thank god it didnt happen that way.

India need to attack for long long periods of time with the ball. Kumble should bowl a lot in this match. We can still get a 2-0 series win which will be huge for us. I think we will equal England's current points if we get a 2-0 series win, in the ICC table. So all the more for us to get that

Last edited:
Extras (b 33, lb 13, w 2, nb 6) 54

This really suprises me.. especially 33 byes :eek: Tough day for the keeper. From the England keepers, Alec Stewart is my favourite one. I think, England misses someone like him currently.

Anyways, there is nothing to worry.. I don't know how many people remember this --> India do have a record in giving away 50+ extras in a ODI game that too against Zimbabwe. If i remember right, we lost that match. I am not able to remember the series though.

Nice 100 for Kumble, should we declare and get some super energized bowling in? Bowlers will only have to bowl for a short burst so could put in extra zip.

Hundred for Kumble, congratulations! Well placed shot to bring it up too.

Excellent century from Kumble, The Jumbo man :hpraise Wonderful innings which is to be remembered forever. Well done! :clap

Didn't Agarkar also suprised us in the same way in our last tour to England by getting a century? ;)

Well I think we have to look beyond bad luck and ask how it is that our entire 5-man Ashes attack are now injured? We can't keep blaming ill fortune; instead we need to be looking at the training procedures in place and the amount of cricket being played.
As KP said recently the team are exhausted. What could have been a cracking test series between two evenly matched sides will now be a colossal waste of time as we will struggle to bowl India out once and let alone twice in a match. I hope I'm forced to eat my words at the end of the series but I can't see it happening.

Above posted on 18 July.

Well done India, I don't want to take anything away but I can't see India scoring their highest every score against England verus an attack than included Harmison, Hoggard, Flintoff or Jones.

Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic!

What must England thinking now? Oh.... Sreesanth's huge six.

Come on Dravid! Get England in and try to squeeze some more life outta them (some wickets!). Go for the kill here man! We need this win really bad. Give it to Kumble. Whatever flat a wicket, its an achievement for someone like Kumble to score a century, and he has done it.

I am right now floating in the air. This performance from India has flattered me no end.

Well done Anil Kumble. After all those innings to finally get a hundred is a wonderful achievment. Probably his second favourite moment in test cricket, after that innings where he got 10 wickets.

I think India should bat as long as possible.

Didn't Agarkar also suprised us in the same way in our last tour to England by getting a century? ;)

Don't remind me - I am still having nightmares about it.

Last edited:
would n't worry Colin this pitch is a joke, probly the flattest i have ever seen..

and it is Englands reserve bowling attack anyways..

Can't believe the groundsman prepared a pitch like this its not good for test cricket....just boring..

Above posted on 18 July.

Well done India, I don't want to take anything away but I can't see India scoring their highest every score against England verus an attack than included Harmison, Hoggard, Flintoff or Jones.

To be perfectly honest, based on county form and international form, I don't think Harmison and Jones would have created much of a difference. I think it was Hoggard (the strike bowler) and Flintoff (partnership breaker) that they missed most. Both their absences were noticeable as India's openers have had a ball and all of the partnerships bar two or three have been over fifty.

To be perfectly honest, based on county form and international form, I don't think Harmison and Jones would have created much of a difference. I think it was Hoggard (the strike bowler) and Flintoff (partnership breaker) that they missed most. Both their absences were noticeable as India's openers have had a ball and all of the partnerships bar two or three have been over fifty.

go check Harmison's first class averagefor this season..its something like 30+ wkts at around 15 runs per wicket..i'd sa that was none to shabby

not really flattering.

Its the kind of line-up that should rack-up scores like this more consistently, but they've failed to do so.

The scoreboard may not be 650 odd against Hamirson and Co., but in this form, i would definitely fancy India scoring at least 500, on this track.

Users who are viewing this thread