India in England/Ireland/Scotland

They won't declare, but they are still looking for quick runs because the victory still seems to be the intention. 2-0 in England would be incredible.
The declaration would have been on their mind as long as Dhoni would have been out there, I feel. If he'd been in for another half an hour, I don't think we would have batted much longer.

india will just bat as long as they can....and kumble might try to get a score

Seems to nullify the usefulness of Kumble we are trying to break his fingers :D

If we can get them out for 470 say, I might be happy. This pitch is still good for batting, just depends how RP and Zaheer bowl.
They're definitely getting to the point at which England will struggle to find anything to make them pay for. They will just have to bat and bat and bat.

India will definitely not declare there. They'll play as long as the tail enders can. Terrific innings from Dhoni.

Couldn't agree more. I like this a lot more than when one person does all of the work. No one stood out this series from the Indian batsmen - they all looked dangerous.
Exactly. This is precisely the reason why I think we deserve the series victory, provided we get it. Everything has been distributed. Even England's heavily-touted batting line-up has failed to deliver consistently thus far. They'll be hoping for law of averages and I will be hoping for justification of bloated ones. :)

This is funny, England are going to lose their first series at home since 2001. I know its early, but I dont see England getting a decent total in quick time and then rolling this line-up cheaply with this bowling attack.

i think india might be looking at the victory now....

India will definitely not declare there. They'll play as long as the tail enders can. Terrific innings from Dhoni.
They won't now but if Dhoni had been in for much longer, a declaration would have come into mind. No matter if we're trying to draw the match or not, at some point too many runs will become kind of redundant. India are looking to win the match, after all.

Slightly off topic, but just look at how Dhoni has got this thread going.

i think india might be looking at the victory now....
... They were always looking for a win. If Dravid's press conferences weren't enough to convince you, Jaffer/Karthik's batting should have been. Only when Sachin and Sourav were out there did it seem like we may be looking to play out some time but apart from that the intention has been positive throughout.

Haha, I'm just taking a break from programming. Or maybe it was that Dhoni made me take a break. :p

Last edited:
They won't declare, but they are still looking for quick runs because the victory still seems to be the intention. 2-0 in England would be incredible.

I see no reason why we should declare as well.
We have the whole of the last session left today and a good chunk of the 2nd session left as well.

well i think if someone alse got a big csore like dhoni and didn't hit all them wonderful sixes we wouldnt be talking about them, simply because it wouldnt have that entertaing as dhoni's :cheers

It was a trap, thats exactly what they were going for with KP coming in because they knew he couldnt resist

Its only a trap if you catch your prey unawares. Are you saying Dhoni didn't realise what the intentions were behind getting Pietersen on?

Its only a trap if you catch your prey unawares. Are you saying Dhoni didn't realise what the intentions were behind getting Pietersen on?

exactly...

im surprised england cant bowl india out now...

Users who are viewing this thread