India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Actually, Ganguly had sent that order in. Dravid was the stand in captain because Ganguly was out for the game but Ganguly had requested that.

It was Dravid's decision, not Ganguly's. Dravid himself has spoken about the decision and I think he was defending his decision too. Had it been Ganguly's, he could very well have said that it was Ganguly's decision. Ganguly wasnt there for that game. I think he had gone back to India to get his injury treated. He got injured in the last match of the ODI series which india won.

Rhetorical questions don't need answers. I thought you'd have known that.

And yes, we do need flat track bullies. Flat track bullies bully the bowling on flat tracks; This is a flat track so what does it need? A flat track bully. We just don't have one.

You can moan at me all you like, the fact is that i'm not very happy with losing at home to India, when we've drew with South Africa, beaten Pakistan and beaten Australia. Whatever little facts and figures you provide me won't take away my disappointment over the fact that India have beaten us and beaten us well.

Firstly India do not have flat track bullies either, Secondly I'm making my question 'Unrhetorical', so please could i have an answer...:readit

As an Indian fan i am quite offended by that. india are not a bad team. If england are far better than india why did india's last wicket partnership last 64-odd runs? Why dont cook and strauss get consecutive fifties against a young bowling line up except for kumble? - and india's do. i could go on forever. At least india dont use a stupid ploy like putting jelly beans on the pitch when they are outplayed in the match...

next time you decide to make a comment like that why dont you look at the quality of cricket played by india compared to englands. you can give me minus reputation points if you want if this offends you as much as it offended me what you said, but simply i dont care. :mad:

I completely agree with ya, brah. Whether accidental or not, he has been way too condescending. But I just look at his posts and smile to myself knowing that whatever he says out of anger or stupidity, the scorecard still reads the same. India 1 (possibly 2) and England 0 (and 99% gonna stay 0).

And tbh, I dont see why he's so surprised that India brought an end to England's good run. India has brought a lot of teams back from cloud nine - theyve stopped Aussie's winning streak in the past as well, which was much more than England's. And also, I'd understand the condescending comments if it were coming from an Australian fan, but I don't nearly have that much respect for England (by their performance) to sit and listen to them being condescending and actually respect it. So I just sit and listen...and laugh at it because the scoreboard tells the story. And that's the end of that.

Firstly India do not have flat track bullies either, Secondly I'm making my question 'Unrhetorical', so please could i have an answer...:readit

Makes no sense. Can you rephrase them then?

Another excuse.You guys looks for excuses after bad performances.You are showing that everything goes bad with the innocent England team.

We needed a result in this match and the groundsmen produce this kind of pitch? Not good enough, you can't play to the strengths of teams like India. i want the Oval pitch which has most bounce.

---

I've had enough of Strauss, he's out of the ODI team, he's been out of form a whole year and has been playing some pretty shocking shots to get out too.

Drop him now.

Fine then here are your answers

Q:If england are far better than india why did india's last wicket partnership last 64-odd runs?

A:Because India have better tailend batsmen than England. That doesn't make them a better team.

Q:Why dont cook and strauss get consecutive fifties against a young bowling line up except for kumble?

A:Because Cook and Strauss are out of nick an your young bowling attack have been bowling together longer than ours.

So, any other pointless things you want me to stew over?

We needed a result in this match and the groundsmen produce this kind of pitch? Not good enough, you can't play to the strengths of teams like India. i want the Oval pitch which has most bounce.

Has no pace, is dusty and flat.

That's like going to India and producing a seaming, swinging pitch on which even Murali couldn't spin it.

That's not to say India wouldn't be able to cope but it's definitely not the pitch they would expect.

It was Dravid's decision, not Ganguly's. Dravid himself has spoken about the decision and I think he was defending his decision too. Had it been Ganguly's, he could very well have said that it was Ganguly's decision. Ganguly wasnt there for that game. I think he had gone back to India to get his injury treated. He got injured in the last match of the ODI series which india won.

And I quote from wikipedia:

"Stranded on 194: In the first test match of India's historic tour of Pakistan in 2004 at Multan, the acting captain's (Rahul Dravid) decision to declare the innings with 16 overs remaining on Day 2 and when Sachin was playing with a score of 194 NO ignited controversy. In meeting with the press that evening, Sachin Tendulkar responded to a question on missing 200 against Pakistan by stating that he was disappointed and that the declaration had taken him by surprise.[36] Reflecting his stature in Indian cricket & his penchant for avoiding issues, the nature of the statement and ex-cricketers debating the merits of the decision as a reflection on Tendulkar & Rahul's relationship fueled the controversy. The controversy was so huge that it completely overshadowed one of Indian cricket's landmark innings by a young Virender Sehwag - a score of 309 which is the highest ever by an Indian in Tests. Many former cricketers[37] commented[38] that Dravid's declaration was in bad taste. The media noted at the time that the decision had apparently been made by Sourav Ganguly,[39] and Ganguly himself later admitted that it had been a mistake.[40] The wording of the statement indicating that it had not been Dravid's call. The controversy was put to rest when Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar and the coach - John Wright spoke to the media after the team's victory and stated that the matter was spoken internally and put to rest."

So its a blur to who's decision it really was.

Last edited:
Fine then here are your answers

Q:If england are far better than india why did india's last wicket partnership last 64-odd runs?

A:Because India have better tailend batsmen than England. That doesn't make them a better team.

Q:Why dont cook and strauss get consecutive fifties against a young bowling line up except for kumble?

A:Because Cook and Strauss are out of nick an your young bowling attack have been bowling together longer than ours.

So, any other pointless things you want me to stew over?

'out of nick'?, well thats simply not good enough for a team 'better' than india...

'india have a better tailend' - partly correct, sreesanth is more determined in what he does than anderson

matt what i thought over his stupidity.

This coming from the bloke who doesn't know what a rhetorical question is.

It happened at Trent Bridge last season. Sri Lanka have the best spinner in the world on their team so to counter it the Trent Bridge groundsman had the genius idea of producing an absolute dustbowl...

'out of nick'?, well thats simply not good enough for a team 'better' than india...

'india have a better tailend' - partly correct, sreesanth is more determined in what he does than anderson

What kind of comment is that/

Good players can't have bad matches/ series?

I guess Dravid should be shot then?

Test rankings. Take a look. One series doesn't make you a better team. India have played delightful cricket and have outplayed us since Lords and I am in no way saying they don't deserve this series victory, I am merely expressing my disappointment at getting beat by a lesser side to us. Now if you want to carry on arguing then there are plenty of walls for you to talk to, so please, put your dummy firmly in place and be gracious in victory please.

Thank you. India have out played England this series except for Lords, and for all you people who say 'well, we should have won, cos we needed 1 wicket to win....', fine 2-1 to India then, because i cant see England winning this one, and a lot of people would bet on india winning this, they need 340-odd to avoid the follow-on.

Users who are viewing this thread