India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Test rankings. Take a look. One series doesn't make you a better team. India have played delightful cricket and have outplayed us since Lords and I am in no way saying they don't deserve this series victory, I am merely expressing my disappointment at getting beat by a lesser side to us. Now if you want to carry on arguing then there are plenty of walls for you to talk to, so please, put your dummy firmly in place and be gracious in victory please.

Thank you. India have out played England this series except for Lords, and for all you people who say 'well, we should have won, cos we needed 1 wicket to win....', fine 2-1 to India then, because i cant see England winning this one, and a lot of people would bet on india winning this, they need 340-odd to avoid the follow-on.

Nicely edited post.

Shows that you post before even reading others'

India haven't won this match yet :rolleyes:

19 English wickets to go

cant you just admit? India have out played England this series except for Lords, and for all you people who say 'well, we should have won, cos we needed 1 wicket to win....', fine 2-1 to India then, because i cant see England winning this one, and a lot of people would bet on india winning this, they need 340-odd to avoid the follow-on.

Yes, Matt can admit it!

Test rankings. Take a look. One series doesn't make you a better team. India have played delightful cricket and have outplayed us since Lords and I am in no way saying they don't deserve this series victory, I am merely expressing my disappointment at getting beat by a lesser side to us. Now if you want to carry on arguing then there are plenty of walls for you to talk to, so please, put your dummy firmly in place and be gracious in victory please.

Cant you just finish this argument now? I said before, Matt takes winning way too seriously and its best to let him just cool off.

I actualy think theres 17 English wickets to go, I dont think Sidebottom is gonna bat.

Cant you just finish this argument now? I said before, Matt takes winning way too seriously and its best to let him just cool off.

That's a bit harsh Lee. I'm perfectly cooled off. I'm not alone in what I think, the majority of England fans will echo my views.

i dont actually think he would risk it if at that point england know that the series is gone, because hes in the twenty20 world cup squad

i dont actually think he would risk it if at that point england know that the series is gone, because hes in the twenty20 world cup squad

Yes but I dont think hes going to be our frontline bowler in South Africa and he certainly shouldnt be taking the T20 WC too seriously. He should be looking to the tests vs Sri Lanka which are months away.

2-0 is a lot worse than 1-0

1-0 conveys a tight series which, is exactly what it was, but 2-0 represent s a comfortable series win for India.

Yes but I dont think hes going to be our frontline bowler in South Africa and he certainly shouldnt be taking the T20 WC too seriously. He should be looking to the tests vs Sri Lanka which are months away.

fair enough...:)

[fan that can afford to gloat]I disagree, India are a comfortably better side. What disappointing, lackadaisical, and tawdry* display by the English. It's really saddening, isn't it? In fact so much so that I shall scoff for the next few posts at your lack of discerning which is indeed a better side. [/fan that can afford to gloat]

*Tawdry (adj) also means ignoble, as in baseness, lowness...etc. (in common vernacular ignoble is used as a negative statement to imply the lack of quality in a substance). Tawdry (noun) means cheap in effect.

[upturned nose condescending walk away]scof[/upturned nose condescending walk away]

Tomorrow's going to be a grueling day for the Indian bowlers. Say what you will about the early wicket, but I'm sure that atleast 2 or 3 of the English batsmen will exploit the conditions to pile on runs. I think that in this state 66% draw, 32% India win, 1% England win (given India's habit of pulling defeat out of the victory hat.)

Last edited:
[fan that can afford to gloat]I disagree, India are a comfortably better side. What disappointing, lackadaisical, and tawdry display by the English. It's really saddening, isn't it? In fact so much so that I shall scoff for the next few posts at your lack of discerning which is indeed a better side. [/fan that can afford to gloat]

[upturned nose condescending walk away]scof[/upturned nose condescending walk away]

Tomorrow's going to be a grueling day for the Indian bowlers. Say what you will about the early wicket, but I'm sure that atleast 2 or 3 of the English batsmen will exploit the conditions to pile on runs. I think that in this state 66% draw, 32% India win, 1% England win (given India's habit of pulling defeat out of the victory hat.)

Comfortably better how?

yes i reckon cook will pile on the runs because he must have got rid of that LBW problem by now and obviously pietersen to score. i dont think there will be as much for kumble as everybodys going on abouy, but well batted kumble

.....and thus i am a 2nd XI Cricketer

Users who are viewing this thread