India in England/Ireland/Scotland

You're right. Saying all was wrong. Some!!!

There was rough for him to bowl into. He had a few good overs, then meh. I'm again feeling bad for Sidebottom who got no reward from being the best bowler of the day. Andrerson bowled a handful of good balls and a truck load of rubbish. He ended up with 4 and Sidebottom 1.

I see a comment above 'It's hard to enjoy cricket when your team is getting trampled'. It's about time someone trampled England, they've hardly lost anything in years. Can't be disappointed with that. You win some you lose some. The loss will do them all good. You guys win your fair share. Stick by your side. They put in a good effort and probably still will keep fighting for the rest of the test.

I guess, anything could happen. Though the odds are really up against them.

You are missing Flintoff, I accept that. But Sidebottom has done pretty well. Hoggard is a good bowler, but I really think Sidebottom is better. Tremlett did his job in the 2nd test.

I don't think the England bowlers deserve too much blame. Anderson bowled too many four balls, but Sidebottom just got no luck. Dropped catches. etc. It was defaintly a handy toss to win. I find it quite funny how Botham said before the game, he wouldn;t have minded bowling.

Last edited:
That's the thing with England (most notably the media) once we get down and low and lose series, we don't get behind them (I will and most do on here but the press won't) instead the press will berate them, rather than back them up (note the England football team).

The rough was quite small, it's still a dream batting pitch, needs a day or more until it'll suit the finger spin of Monty (not that he'll bowl again). I think Montys been a bit overawed at times this series, quite negative, he needs to think "I can get him out" but sometimes he seems to think "He'll get himself out", I didn't like how much he went over the wicket too, whether that was his choice or Vaughans (ala Giles) I'm not sure, but Monty is most effective around the wicket, in both an attacking and defensive sense.

I'm looking forward to this winter, will be a great challenge, not only for the team but for my sleep patterns!

You're right. Saying all was wrong. Some!!!

There was rough for him to bowl into. He had a few good overs, then meh. I'm again feeling bad for Sidebottom who got no reward from being the best bowler of the day. Andrerson bowled a handful of good balls and a truck load of rubbish. He ended up with 4 and Sidebottom 1.

I see a comment above 'It's hard to enjoy cricket when your team is getting trampled'. It's about time someone trampled England, they've hardly lost anything in years. Can't be disappointed with that. You win some you lose some. The loss will do them all good. You guys win your fair share. Stick by your side. They put in a good effort and probably still will keep fighting for the rest of the test.

I guess, anything could happen. Though the odds are really up against them.

You are missing Flintoff, I accept that. But Sidebottom has done pretty well. Hoggard is a good bowler, but I really think Sidebottom is better. Tremlett did his job in the 2nd test.

I don't think the England bowlers deserve too much blame. Anderson bowled too many four balls, but Sidebottom just got no luck. Dropped catches. etc. It was defaintly a handy toss to win. I find it quite funny how Botham said before the game, he wouldn;t have minded bowling.

While we win test matches, we lose the same amount of ODI's and we'll probably lose the ODI series as well becuase India have a good ODI side.

Wikipedia? The site where the public can freely edit their articles? Gimme a better source.

Actually, it's moderated...heavily. Inaccurate stuff doesn't stay on there for long - and if it does, it says in bold at the top of the page that the information is controversial/biased/inaccurate. Nonetheless, if you want a better source, try looking at the citations under the Wikipedia article. You know, the [40] or [39] or whatever number that was paranthetically cited in that quotation i provided. Next time, check those before you counter me if I use wikipedia again. Because those are news articles/sources that you may find acceptable. I thought it'd be better to give you Wikipedia's quote because it wrapped up what all of those articles said put together neatly in one paragraph.

Anyway, since I'm so nice, I've found the [39] link. There might be more, so go to that article on wikipedia and find the citations on the bottom of the article. (just do a search for sachin tendulkar)

Anyway...here is one site:
http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2004/mar/29tendulkar.htm
"Sourav Ganguly signalled the declaration before stand-in captain Rahul Dravid waved to Tendulkar to return to the pavilion."

Last edited:
Our supports not been quite the same this year, we've still had the same mad antics at the grounds and sell outs all the time but there doesn't seem to be quite the same atmosphere. I know it doesn't really have an effect but really for me the barmy armys always been linked with England doing well even though thats the complete opposite of why their called the barmy army :p

If you guys could beat Australia in some ODI's last year, i'm sure they have a shot against a team who didn't make the Super8's in the World Cup. I wouldn't write England off yet. There have been some changes too. I actually think it'll be a decent series. I'm not expecting a whitewash.

I saw during the coverage yesterday, your media is quite cruel. Someone was reading the paper. Big page on Prior's dropped catch. Not very supportive.

^ All media over the world is like that. I really don't see the point of complaining. Since most of the fan-base for any team consists of bandwagoners that jump on when the team wins and curse them and stop being a fan when they lose, the media simply feeds them. It's good business.

I won't be misquoting you and other fans when the series is over and it's time to dig back through the initial posts and rub it in your faces. :D

Hindsight's a wonderful thing. :D

I may come across as a little bitter, but i'm sure you lot would be disappointed in getting beaten at home so convincingly.

To be fair, it is understandable to compare this side to the side of 2004/05. I mean it was just a few years ago. I'm sure some do it to the quality Windies sides of the past with their pace aces, so why not here?

I also don't think the English bowled poorly-the extras were mostly from Prior's keeping, and the pitch just wasn't as conducive. We'll see how the Indian bowlers fare tomorrow, but I'm guessing that a few English batsmen will add quite a few runs.

You beat us 5-1 last time. That could be an indication of things to come.

I just hope your bowlers don't fire.

The one thing, though, we may have as an advantage is better fielders.

Oh my gosh! Is England that bad that you are terming us Indian team as 'better fielders'? Our team is quite weak in the fielding department of many of the international sides (Pakistan will give us good competition).

Note: no sarcasm intended. genuinely surprsed

Definately, India's fielding pales in comparison to England's. Especially since Munaf Patel is in the team.:)

People say his fielding was a consequence of his poor fitness. Lets see if he can prove that theory right in the coming ODI series against England.

Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid and Munaf will still be there but they will be complemented by brisk movers like Karthik, Uthappa, Gambhir and others.

Tendulkar has always been a brisk mover, and a pretty good fielder. Cant term him even 'average'. He is above average, a bit slower than before because of age but still he is very brisk. On the contrary, Dravid has really slowed down a lot on the field. He is good at the slips. Ganguly has improved after his comeback, but still cant be relied much.

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! Is England that bad that you are terming us Indian team as 'better fielders'? Our team is quite weak in the fielding department of many of the international sides (Pakistan will give us good competition).

Note: no sarcasm intended. genuinely surprsed

People say his fielding was a consequence of his poor fitness. Lets see if he can prove that theory right in the coming ODI series against England.

Tendulkar has always been a brisk mover, and a pretty good fielder. Cant term him even 'average'. He is above average, a bit slower than before because of age but still he is very brisk. On the contrary, Dravid has really slowed down a lot on the field. He is good at the slips. Ganguly has improved after his comeback, but still cant be relied much.

I said England were better fielders ;)

Dunno whether you actually were being sarcastic

'One thing though we may have as an advantage is better fielders'

If you guys could beat Australia in some ODI's last year, i'm sure they have a shot against a team who didn't make the Super8's in the World Cup. I wouldn't write England off yet. There have been some changes too. I actually think it'll be a decent series. I'm not expecting a whitewash.

I would still say India are overwhelming favorites to win the ODI's but cant say. England will be having a new ODI captain in Collingwood. Flintoff will be back, Pietersen, etc. Should be a good series.

I would still say India are overwhelming favorites to win the ODI's but cant say.

I second this.

Sachin-Sourav opening pair is what i am waiting to watch. Didn't they need one more century stand to beat Desmond Haynes opening pair? I hope they do it before some experimentations with opening as before.:upray

I have no clue on our ODI bowlers though. Its upto the batting lineup to save us. With Yuvi, Karthik and Dhoni in the middle, Dravid at no 3, Sachin/Sourav as openers, batting do look very strong. Lets see what happens.:cool:

Still, three long days to go in this test match with tough jobs ahead for our bowlers.

Users who are viewing this thread