India in England/Ireland/Scotland

i reckon colly and kp will hang around for a bit, maybe a 70 run partnership, but then rp singh will break the partnership and that will trigger a collapse.

Jeez, Kumble is such a legend. I get the feeling that this will go down as Kumble's Test. I'm happy as it will keep Harbhajan out of the side longer.

Jeez, Kumble is such a legend. I get the feeling that this will go down as Kumble's Test. I'm happy as it will keep Harbhajan out of the side longer.

why would you want harbhajan out of the side, hes a class bowler who would have really dominated on this oval pitch? :p

INDIA played some brillant cricket here...Dhoni Kumble and Indian tail really murdered English bowlers and set this win for us.

Harbhajan is a high nosed character who is not willing to learn and adept which spinners need to do to stay ahead of batters. Perhaps he will come back to the Indian team but might take a while.

Harbhajan is a high nosed character who is not willing to learn and adept which spinners need to do to stay ahead of batters. Perhaps he will come back to the Indian team but might take a while.

Harbajan is a talented bowler, but not a smart bowler. Kumble is less talented but is very smart. That's the major difference.

This could be Pietersen's best chance to make a triple century!

Series' is India's. Judging by how this series has in a way gone in Indian's favour, it seems as if India were just destined to take the series.

Harbhajan do know how to do all the tricks with ball but he doesn't know when to apply those which is the major drawback. Sometimes, he forces himself to bowl in negative line which would have been really unnecessary for that situation.

In SA, they really wasted him without using where our dear selectors had faith in unfit Munaf and unimpressive VRV.

In ODIs, i think Bhaji will definitely be there as we don't have better spinner. ( Pyiush and Powar have to learn a plenty ) In Tests, Spin Twins will deliver together in subcontinental tracks but Kumble would be preferred more till his retirement in away tracks is what I feel.

And in today's play, Jumbo has done the trick with those two wickets as expected. KP should be a real rescuer now.. I really like to see some quick entertainment in one end from KP and wickets in another end :D (lol..just kidding ) Lets see how it goes now.:cool:

Jeez, Kumble is such a legend.

realising it just now eh? :rolleyes: :p

Kumble's googly is the easiest googly in history to pick,

Really? ;) We should ask the same question to Inzi who has been victim to Kumble's googly many times. :cool:

God help India when Kumble retires lol...too bad he turned into an all rounder a few years late :p

No.. not like that. He is definitely not an allrounder. He always have the capability of spending long time at the crease and very very handy with the bat in making some runs too.

Inspite of this century, there are two best valuable knocks which i would rate definitely better than this century,

1) Kumble's classic 88 against SA where he joined with Azhar and helped in avoiding the following-on in that match. Remember, it was a knock under massive pressure.

2) Kumble's 20+ against Australia in one of the ODI series(i think Titan Cup) where Kumble/Srinath put on 50+ runs partnership which won the match for India from the hopeless situation after Tendulkar's departure(I guess Sachin also scored 80+ ). The thing was, after Tendulkar's wicket, it was all the way looking damn easy for Aussies to get the tail enders but Sri/Jumbo suprised everyone including their parents who were present in the stadium that time.

Last edited:
Does anyone else have a broadband connection and follow the match on cricinfo bc its so damn expensive to buy it? God I hate living in America!

Inspite of this century, there are two best valuable knocks which i would rate definitely better than this century,

1) Kumble's classic 88 against SA where he joined with Azhar and helped in avoiding the following-on in that match. Remember, it was a knock under massive pressure.

2) Kumble's 20+ against Australia in one of the ODI series(i think Titan Cup) where Kumble/Srinath put on 50+ runs partnership which won the match for India from the hopeless situation after Tendulkar's departure(I guess Sachin also scored 80+ ). The thing was, after Tendulkar's wicket, it was all the way looking damn easy for Aussies to get the tail enders but Sri/Jumbo suprised everyone including their parents who were present in the stadium that time.

You're forgetting in the West Indies when Merv Dillon broke his jaw (fractured) and he continued to bat.

Last edited:
I am following the match only through Cricinfo commentry. And am suprised to see this,

Extras (b 16, lb 9, w 6, nb 5) 36

England is definitely not bad when coming to that extras column as we have 36 already in the score of 172. England gave away just 50+ in score of 664. And 16 byes already too. :eek:

48.1 Khan to Collingwood, 4 byes, round the wicket, banged in and goes over leg stump and keeps moving down the leg side and Dhoni's lack of footwork means he can't get to it..more byes in this match

lol.. thats true :p

Last edited:
Anyone else in the following through cricinfo club? They provide very good commentary!

Last edited:
What a needed wicket for India there.. I would have loved to see Colly go rather than KP. Nevermind, we have got a right breakthrough at the right time. Spinners taking 3/5 wickets till now. Should be interesting to see their role in next innings in Day4/5.

Users who are viewing this thread