India in England/Ireland/Scotland

if india can get a bout 250+ after the first session and declare we would have a good game out here today

Nope, was there trouble then? I missed that.

60 runs in the first session, I should say so!

Public Seating in front of the Wilbury Stand.

Not trouble so to say, just people ignoring the law and the club doing faff all about it.

Are the Indians trying to attack and go for quick runs or is it some bad batting?It looks as they are trying to experiment and give everyone a chance.

i hope it is that they are trying to attack otherwise this could be problems

The run rate would suggest that they aren't exactly "going for it" (like on Saturday). Missing our two best bowlers too :D Could we win it?

It's nothing to do with the ECB. If India want to change their squad for any reason, there is nothing to stop them from doing it.
Really? I would have thought that the tour organizers would have some say in it--just something that would go down as the rules of the tournament. I guess not.

Sussex winning it??? Good job by the seamers. Highly encouraging to see them pressurize the opposition and make them retreat into their shell after them being on top for long. This match, though to be a draw, has been a decent one for India to evaluate their options.

Sachin, Saurav and Zaheer need a game now and then we will be set for the first test!

Yes, playing without three of the five stars (the other two being Dravid and Sreesanth) is certainly a disadvantage. That being said, Sussex not at full strength either, or so I have been told over at cricketweb.

nice to see india getting some wickets on cricinfo it says

"Bose had bowled 10,658 first-class deliveries, and not bowled a single front-foot no-ball. Add to that the 2,113 List A deliveries, and countless ones at other official games, where he hasn't over-stepped even once."

thats not bad is it

nice to see india getting some wickets on cricinfo it says

"Bose had bowled 10,658 first-class deliveries, and not bowled a single front-foot no-ball. Add to that the 2,113 List A deliveries, and countless ones at other official games, where he hasn't over-stepped even once."

thats not bad is it
To be honest, it means his run up is marked too far back either accidentally or he does not have enough rhythm to trust his run up not to take him too far over the line, it loses him a yard of pace which can be achieved without any loss of accuracy.

Obviously ignore if his heel is just behind the line, but I doubt this is the case.

Yes, playing without three of the five stars (the other two being Dravid and Sreesanth) is certainly a disadvantage. That being said, Sussex not at full strength either, or so I have been told over at cricketweb.

No Mushy, Rana, Adams, Goodwin. Wright probably would've played too.

Looks tight atm, they need one more wicket to win, I think close is 7PM.

---

Seems the last over was just bowled, match drawn, well done RMJ, lewry batted for 24 balls too.

India will be disappointed by a lack of runs for Jaffer and Dhoni, maybe Yuvi too. We had quite a few positives, Hodd getting a hundred, Saqlain bowling and taking some wickets, seamers in general did quite well.

Last edited:
Wow, India almost won it after a poor batting performance in the second innings. I feel our seamers Sreesanth and RP Singh will be more confident after this show. Both along with Zaheer Khan should take charge at Lord's now. As always, Kumble is going to be our main weapon if we got to make history this time in England (well a victory after 21 years!).

India didnt play three huge stars this game, and that outweighs all that Sussex did not offer to us in this game. So we need to be confident after this game and be ready for the challenge. I think Dhoni and Yuvraj might get another chance next game. The battle now might shift to them with Laxman being almost safe. Also another battle could be between Gambhir and Jaffer.

I feel Dravid and Karthick need to sit out for Sachin and Saurav to come in. Gambhir needs to play, Jaffer needs to play, Yuvraj and Dhoni need to play. So those two would be my pick for the guys who need to be rested.

Users who are viewing this thread