India in England/Ireland/Scotland

well the england lions game will not be indias test XI as draivd is not playing and i expect him to play the first test

should be a good test for the indians then!

Not necessarily. These days, Dravid has not been the lynchpin that he used to be. And this is going to be a good batting strip. I expect India do do all the more well this game without too much of a test!

Not necessarily. These days, Dravid has not been the lynchpin that he used to be. And this is going to be a good batting strip. I expect India do do all the more well this game without too much of a test!

That is a very bold statement to make !
Look at the stats of the last 15 games that I posted in my previous post and that will clearly show that Dravid is head and shoulders above the rest.
He is still the lynchpin of the lineup by far.
Tendulkar in tests has not been the batsman who used to single-handedly win us test matches in the past.
He did show a lot of promise with scores of 44,58,63 in SA but failed to make it big and win India those games.

That is a very bold statement to make !
Look at the stats of the last 15 games that I posted in my previous post and that will clearly show that Dravid is head and shoulders above the rest.
He is still the lynchpin of the lineup by far.
Tendulkar in tests has not been the batsman who used to single-handedly win us test matches in the past.
He did show a lot of promise with scores of 44,58,63 in SA but failed to make it big and win India those games.

Aye, whereas Tendulkar seems to be on the way down in terms of his career and form, Dravid is on the way up still.

Well Strauss run of form (Or lack of) continues, but Denly is on some sort of supercharge scoring 21 runs off the last over!

I like this side we've put out, Ambrose at 6, plenty of bowling options.

I wonder how Adil will go, good test for him.

Denly's really, really good: made an unbeaten century against Warne and Clark earlier in the season while the rest of the team failed. Pity he's not yet done well in one dayers because we need domestic players performing in both forms of the game.

Denly seems to be showing intent to force his way into a strong English Test line up, all the best of luck to him, but I wish he wouldn't destroy the India attack while doing it ;).

Well his FC average so far is pretty good. 52.16. This season he averages 48.90.

I so hope the Indians don't get that much practice here, Chelmsford is one of the 3 best batting tracks in the country (Oval and Taunton along with it).

It's under a week until the first test too!

With Sharma not impressing as of yet, India's bowling line up is looking like being:

-Zaheer Khan
-Sreesanth
-Kumble
-Bose

With Sharma not impressing as of yet, India's bowling line up is looking like being:

-Zaheer Khan
-Sreesanth
-Kumble
-Bose

Forgive my over-confidence, but I fancy our chances immensely against that lot.

I dont blame you but Sreesanth and Kumble are each match winning and ignoring today, Zaheer is quite the force with the new ball.

If Strauss plays then Zaheer will get his wicket in the first hour, I guarantee it. Strauss' shouldn't be in the team imo.

The only person in the Indian XI who has single-handedly won us test matches in the past is Kumble. It's kinda hard for a batsman to achieve this feat. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread