India in England/Ireland/Scotland

It did`nt help that Dravid kept bowling Tendulkar,Yuvraj and Ganguly which allowed them to get in.
Tendulkar is captaining.

when you get the tail in you should bring in your wicket takers not your part time bowlers

Edit:
again khan has been taken out and in comes ganguly. sharma has bowled sooo many no balls. i know pathan was not on the best of form when this sqaud was picked but i would of picked him
Pathan was still iffy. Probably should have picked Sehwag though. I think Tendulkar just didn't want to risk losing any of his top-line bowlers to injury which is why he gave the part-timers a good workout (esp. since they'll need to bowl if England win the toss and bat first).

Last edited:
even if he wanted to test the part time bowlers. that scoreline does not look good at all

It did`nt help that Dravid kept bowling Tendulkar,Yuvraj and Ganguly which allowed them to get in.

got so used to bashing Rahul`s captaincy and hence this mistake !!

That is a statement Arun Lal would have been proud of. Also, I think you are again incorrectly assuming that the decisions you suggest were the right ones. I of course cannot prove it, but you are using your gut instinct just as Dravid used his. He was the one playing there, knowing the conditions, etc. In fact, if anything, I would go with his gut instinct instead of yours.

Well obviously when you make a choice, you are neglecting other ones. How do you know that exploring another path wouldn't result in a 20 run over? The bottom-line is you don't. So my point is Dravid isn't the biggest reason we lost the first ODI--it was there easily better bowling. And also as the last two games showed, the conditions suited them better.

Really? I don't think it is exactly routine to throw the ball to a debutant with 2 overs to go and the match being tight. Maybe in the middle overs--but at a crucial juncture like that? I didn't agree with that decision from Dravid. But that still doesn't mean that your claim that Dravid "doesn't think on his feet" and goes "by the book" is correct. In fact, giving it to Tendulkar would be going by the book. History has shown that Tendulkar gets the crucial wickets, even though he is a little expensive. I wish Dravid had gone a little more by the book.

And about the personal comments. If you think that we lost the match primarily because of Dravid's captaincy and not because the conditions suited their better bowlers, then I will just have to read your posts with a pinch of salt to account for the bias you have against the man.

And finally, do you give Dravid credit for tossing Yuvraj the ball in the 2nd and 3rd ODIs? He bowled pretty well. Or is Dravid's performance as captain only restricted to the sub-zero ratings?

it is a pretty routine stuff , throwing the ball to somebody who is not known as a bowler , hoping that it might work.
I do not have the inclination to put up any arguments here.You have already made up your mind .
I do not have anything against rahul as a batter . But i think he does not deserve to b the skipper of tis indian team.their are better options .
I would give him a negative score as a skipper.
Bookish guy.
no more arguments from my side.
:cheers

it is a pretty routine stuff , throwing the ball to somebody who is not known as a bowler , hoping that it might work.
I do not have the inclination to put up any arguments here.You have already made up your mind .
I do not have anything against rahul as a batter . But i think he does not deserve to b the skipper of tis indian team.their are better options .
I would give him a negative score as a skipper.
Bookish guy.
no more arguments from my side.
:cheers
And you haven't, is it? :rolleyes:

It's not really routine stuff tossing the ball to someone unknown, especially given that even as a part-timer, he has taken only 3 wickets at List-A level. And you cannot possibly argue that going with Tendulkar wouldn't have been more bookish--who would you toss it to but the guy who has a history of getting wickets at crunch time?

Since you aren't going to put up any more arguments, I'm just going to assume that you don't have any. :)

The Indians like to make you think about everything don't they. Jaffer and Laxman both gone in Onions first over.

With Harmison's problematic hernia flaring up again there could be an opening for a seamers spot. I expect us to use 4 bowlers. Panesar, Hoggard and Sidebottom are almost certainties. So out of Plunkett, Broad and maybe Onions do you go with?

This series is going to be oh so good.

The Indians like to make you think about everything don't they. Jaffer and Laxman both gone in Onions first over.

With Harmison's problematic hernia flaring up again there could be an opening for a seamers spot. I expect us to use 4 bowlers. Panesar, Hoggard and Sidebottom are almost certainties. So out of Plunkett, Broad and maybe Onions do you go with?

Shreck :cool: .(Don't know how serious his injury is though) Although out of those three it'd have to be Onions.

I'd go with Plunkett. As inconsistent as he is, there is no doubting his talent. Consistency will come with experience.

went in morning to play football, came back and saw the score what is happining with this team

Wasn't easy at the start, to be honest. Onions was also on target from the start and looked like Laxman wasn't ready to come in. The commentators suggested that Karthik hadn't hit it--it had hit his back pad.

But if you looked at Sachin's innings, I think you would feel very optimistic about our batting for the tour. He looked in perfect touch from ball 1.

But if you looked at Sachin's innings, I think you would feel very optimistic about our batting for the tour. He looked in perfect touch from ball 1.
That's only Sachin; the others are struggling so far.

nice to see tendulkar getting runs, also yubraj is fighting hard with him. i think pressure would be with dhoni now. i would pick dhoni though for the simple fact if he can perform he can take the game away from the opponents really quickly

haven't seen Dhoni do well against quality attacks so far, and that too on foreign conditions. Lets see how he performs now, and may be in the tests.

Oh man! Jaffer is in trouble now. Continuous failures. If he gets a chance next innings, may be it will be a century to save his place. He is testing our patience it seems

Whats this with Sachin's luck as far as captaincy? When he was full time captain, almost everyone apart from him struggled and he would be the lone survivor scoring big runs but invariably ending up losing. Similar thing is happening here. He is intent in scoring runs, but others fall around him.

Good to see Sachin score. Hope he scores the same way when Dravid takes over in the tests. Looks in good nick. Karthick can be forgiven. Laxman - well just OK since he got a 95. Jaffer is in deep deep trouble. If I were Dravid, I wouldnt go with Jaffer just because he has more solid. I would go for Gambhir because he has a good score behind him. I would rather have a good 20's and 30's instead of disastrous 1's and 2's and ducks.

Last edited:
Have you guys got this on the TV? It's a bit disappointing that this isn't being shown on English TV, I'd certainly watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread