India in England/Ireland/Scotland

The only person in the Indian XI who has single-handedly won us test matches in the past is Kumble. It's kinda hard for a batsman to achieve this feat. ;)

I believe that batsmen can win games with fantastic knocks. This is something that tendulkar has done time and time again for India in the past.

nice to see india picking up wickets. it looke like it was going to be one of those days. even though it is a good batting pitch. that is what i have read. india would of definate wanted to pick up wickets and not let the england lions have such a big socre and india have done well. we willl have to see how india bat. i am unsure about the 3rd eamer. khan, sreesanth and i would have to go with singh, even though i would not normally pick him

With Sharma not impressing as of yet, India's bowling line up is looking like being:

-Zaheer Khan
-Sreesanth
-Kumble
-Bose

Bose ahead of RP? RP Singh has done well in the first game, and he too can get really good swing and good bounce. I vote for RP ahead of Bose as of now.

Forgive my over-confidence, but I fancy our chances immensely against that lot.

Sreesanth, the test bowler is entirely different from Sreesanth, the ODI bowler. He can destroy your batting line up just like how he did to South Africa at Johannesburg. And, I am not over confident. I am confident, because I know he can do that!

I believe that batsmen can win games with fantastic knocks. This is something that tendulkar has done time and time again for India in the past.

Yet people want him to take us through till the end, which he invariably doesnt do and so he has to cope up with criticism. He has set up so many games with superlative knocks.

Last edited:
They can set up a victory but very rarely will you see a batsman score big in the second innings and win a game. And Tendulkar hasn't really done it that often seeing that India had a hard-time winning without a quality bowling attack.

Yet people want him to take us through till the end, which he invariably doesnt do and so he has to cope up with criticism. He has set up so many games with superlative knocks.
Some people do but my point is it is very difficult to play a match-winning innings and win the match as well. Tendulkar has played many would-be match-winning innings (they would have been a won match for a team with a good bowling attack) but he hasn't had as many credited to him because the bowling has let him down.

Last edited:
Sreesanth is an ego player. Hit him for 20 in an over and he'll bowl poorly for the rest of the innings. You know him better than me though but in my opinion, he's no better or no worse than the Windian dibbler dobblers that we made mincemeat of.

Sreesanth, the test bowler is entirely different from Sreesanth, the ODI bowler. He can destroy your batting line up just like how he did to South Africa at Johannesburg. And, I am not over confident. I am confident, because I know he can do that!

Of those 5 wickets he got Smith, Amla and Kallis, who I would call proper batsman (Correct me if I'm wrong I've just looked at the game on CricInfo). My point is that a) South African batsman have struggled in the last 2 years or so with Kallis and Prince getting most of the centuries (It's a very high stat btw). I don't really rate Amla tbh, he looks like a batsman who gets a good score or two then goes quiet for a few matches.

Smith's last century was end of April - beginning of May 2005!
Amla has one test century and an average of 25.
Even the immense Kallis has gone 9 tests without a hundred!

Obviously it was a good effort by Sreesanth (5-40) but the South African batsmen are technically quite good, their performances of late have been very poor.

As for this series, we mustn't underrate the Indian bowlers, especially if they play the two spinners. Zaheer is their best bowler too imo, in these conditions anyway. The country is finally reaching summer I'd say (down here it is anyway).

I don`t think you can be overconfident against any lineup in the world, let alone a lineup which consists of a bowler with 500+ wickets.
Sreesanth is a very refreshing from an Indian point of view.
Finally we have someone who can give a piece of his mind to the opponent.
I would have been a lot more optimistic had we got Munaf in the squad.
I really hope Munaf gets back to his best .

We`ll have a decent attack if we have Munaf,Sreesanth and Zaheer all fully fit.

This is probably Anil's last tour of England too. His form seems as good as ever.

http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

I know these two (Bresnan and Broad) could bat but I didn't expect a big partnership between these two, Bresnan now 91 and Broad 50. India looking wayward with the new ball, so demoralising when bowlers score runs (though Bresnan has a FC hundred to his name).

Where's Joe gone? :D

This is probably Anil's last tour of England too. His form seems as good as ever.

http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

I know these two (Bresnan and Broad) could bat but I didn't expect a big partnership between these two, Bresnan now 91 and Broad 50. India looking wayward with the new ball, so demoralising when bowlers score runs (though Bresnan has a FC hundred to his name).

Where's Joe gone? :D

It did`nt help that Dravid kept bowling Tendulkar,Yuvraj and Ganguly which allowed them to get in.

when i left work eng lions where 220 odd for 7 got home and they getting close to 300 and with only 7 down. i checked cricinfo and it said no sign on khan, bit shocked. had a shower did text and it was nearly 350 for 7. they have got one now sreesanth. this makes india not look all that and they did not use kahn when they should of

when you get the tail in you should bring in your wicket takers not your part time bowlers

Edit:
again khan has been taken out and in comes ganguly. sharma has bowled sooo many no balls. i know pathan was not on the best of form when this sqaud was picked but i would of picked him

Last edited:
Bad display by the Indians today. Even though just a tour game, they are not hitting the straps quite well.

Bresnan really has alot of potential IMO, he seems to have recovered from those appalling appearances for England and his bowling and especially batting have improved massively. Two scores of 116 so far this season with no hundreds before that. Also physically he is very good so could be useful for us but not yet.

Users who are viewing this thread