India in England/Ireland/Scotland

We have got this on TV .
We have a 24-hr cricket channel where we get all the cricket, including the English County matches.

Tendulkar looking in supreme touch. Hopefully, he`ll keep it going in the tests.
Yuvraj was fairly good. Jaffer is the problem though but I`ll stick with him for the first test.
I would`nt be all that worried with our performance in the warm-up games as they are only meant to be for the touring team to get some match-practice.
We almost lost to a Queensland 2nd XI before the 2003 Test Series against Australia but we did extremely well in the tests there.

Harmisson looks like being ruled out for the first test.
Who will you replace him with ? Graham Gooch believes that Broad or Onions should be picked for the first test in his place.
Anderson or Plunkett would be my pick.

We need one of our batsmen(preferably 3) to have a superlative series and the others to just rally around that guy(s).
Something like what happened in 2002 .
Hopefully Vaughan won`t have that good a series this time.

Another factor is the way we bowl against KP. If he has a blinder of a series, we`re dead.

Great counterattacking innings by Tendulkar. At one stage I thought India were going to collapse horribly and even be forced to follow on. If they carry on, they may even get a lead !

We have got this on TV .
We have a 24-hr cricket channel where we get all the cricket, including the English County matches.

Tendulkar looking in supreme touch. Hopefully, he`ll keep it going in the tests.
Yuvraj was fairly good. Jaffer is the problem though but I`ll stick with him for the first test.
I would`nt be all that worried with our performance in the warm-up games as they are only meant to be for the touring team to get some match-practice.
We almost lost to a Queensland 2nd XI before the 2003 Test Series against Australia but we did extremely well in the tests there.

Harmisson looks like being ruled out for the first test.
Who will you replace him with ? Graham Gooch believes that Broad or Onions should be picked for the first test in his place.
Anderson or Plunkett would be my pick.

We need one of our batsmen(preferably 3) to have a superlative series and the others to just rally around that guy(s).
Something like what happened in 2002 .
Hopefully Vaughan won`t have that good a series this time.

Another factor is the way we bowl against KP. If he has a blinder of a series, we`re dead.

That 3rd bowler is interesting, I expect Plunkett due to his batting. Though Broad has been decent of late and did get a 50 against India. But then again Onions has just got Sachin....

2007-7-14-22-42-34.jpg

I haven't seen his full innings. How good was he?

I doubt Onions is in the picture. Sachin really threw his wicket, I think he either got too bored, or wanted to just play around. You could see from his previous shots that he was living dangerously.

That 3rd bowler is interesting, I expect Plunkett due to his batting. Though Broad has been decent of late and did get a 50 against India. But then again Onions has just got Sachin....

Sachin was just throwing his bat around and that is why he got that wicket.
Don`t read too much into that, although his first spell was good.

Adil Rashid getting taken to the cleaners...thats put back his international chances, which is probably a good thing.

2007-7-14-22-42-34.jpg

I haven't seen his full innings. How good was he?

where do you get those screens from ?
Is it a tuner-card screen capture.

Adil Rashid getting taken to the cleaners...thats put back his international chances, which is probably a good thing.

To be fair to the lad, he was up against someone who has taken a certain Mr.Warne to the cleaners.
There is no disgrace in that. Tendulkar in that mood is hard to bowl to for a leggie, and Rashid is just a 19yr old leggie.
His action is similar to Mushtaq Ahmed.

Last edited:
Tendulkar's innings was absolutely brilliant. Kept me glued to the TV for most of the day. At 15/3 and Ganguly looking scratchy, it didn't look too good for us. But Sachin played one of those masterful innings.

Onions and Broad bowled a very good first spell with the new ball. After that Sachin got settled and really put the bowlers back in their place. I especially enjoyed his treatment of Rashid, because Sachin's normal approach is to play new bowlers very cautiously.

If we go by this tour match, I would go ahead and get Gambhir into the XI.

I haven't seen any of this match but one thing I noticed about him when I saw him last is that when his confidence is high he mixes it up a bit but start to smack him around and all his deliveries get a bit flat.

Oh and a 24hr cricket channel :eek::eek::eek: That's something I'd pay money for!

It would be grossly unfair on Anderson if he was to miss out on a Test place again. He didn't put a foot wrong in the Ashes or the world cup and he's bowled really well throughout the summer for Lancs and England. You have to wonder what will happen to his confidence if Onions takes his place who hasn't even played an ODI this summer.

An Indian batting line-up is not one that you would want a young bowler making their debut against. Anderson for me as you may have guessed.

It generally is for the England team. Most of our players our blooded in the shorter format first.

Users who are viewing this thread