India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I just hope Dhoni doesn't give Monty anymore skiers....

I think we should call up India's nemesis; Shaun Udal. :D

Although Anderson probably deserves the berth, that'd mean an 8-11 consisting of: Hoggard, Harmison, Panesar, Anderson.

Can we do that now we have a keeper who can score runs?

Although Anderson probably deserves the berth, that'd mean an 8-11 consisting of: Hoggard, Harmison, Panesar, Anderson.

Can we do that now we have a keeper who can score runs?

Yes, we need the best bowlers to bowl a very good Indian batting side out, I would prefer to have a stronger bowling lineup than having a stronger batting line-up against them.

Sureshot, you wouldn't happen to have the surname of Fletcher would you? ;)

A bowler's job is to bowl. To be frank, if a top 7 can't score the runs themselves then they shouldn't be relying on the bowlers to get them out of trouble. You pick a bowler on his ability to bowl; If it turns out he can churn out a 30 and a 40 here and there then that's a bonus, but I couldn't care less if he averaged 2 with the bat as long as he took wickets.

If Anderson plays on Thursday then here's how we should bat below 7;

Sidebottom
Hoggard
Anderson
Panesar

Sidebottom is decent enough, Hoggard can hold an end and Panesar and Anderson are good for a few boundaries every now and then.

Oh and a 24hr cricket channel :eek::eek::eek: That's something I'd pay money for!
Well, we've got 2 now. :rolleyes:

It seems he had made some changes to the way he bats. Cricinfo said that Sachin was standing more upright which helped him not play across and his left shoulder was leaning nicely into the drives. Hope he goes on like this in the tests. Tendulkar in this form, England will be crying at the end of the series (well, not literally!).
Yup, Sunny pointed that out on air. Another thing Sunny pointed out is the ball on or around middle stump from an RAO bowler, which Tendulkar had in the recent past tried to work onto the leg-side. Yesterday he played a solid on-drive down to mid-on.

I'm not too worried about Tendulkar batting like this. It's all well and good hammering our reserves to all parts when the pressure is off, his real test is whether or not he can do it when the pressure is on against our proper team.

Of course I know i'm going to regret saying these words after he scores 300 at Lords, but hey ho.
300? Hahha, I expect he'll become bored well before that. :P I agree that this did not come against the strongest bowling line-up but I think what goes in his favour is he looked in this sort of touch during the 2nd ODI against South Africa. I'm hoping he will continue in this vein.

Also, another thing to learn from this experience is drop Sachin at your own peril. He was given not one but two chances and really made Bopara and Shah pay for their dropped catches.

I look forward to Sachin vs Monty. It will be one of the duels of the summer and I think that Monty will be up to the task. Has anyone seen the promo on Sky for the England vs India series? So cheesy but you still gotta love Monty.
I will be interested too. Sachin hasn't looked too comfortable against left-arm spinners in the past--I know he looked scratchy in Bangladesh against them. He really hit Rashid to all parts of the ground but he has a special liking for leg-spinners.

I think we should call up India's nemesis; Shaun Udal. :D
LMAO had forgotten about him. Udal would be perfect for us. :D

Last edited:
Sureshot, you wouldn't happen to have the surname of Fletcher would you? ;)

A bowler's job is to bowl. To be frank, if a top 7 can't score the runs themselves then they shouldn't be relying on the bowlers to get them out of trouble. You pick a bowler on his ability to bowl; If it turns out he can churn out a 30 and a 40 here and there then that's a bonus, but I couldn't care less if he averaged 2 with the bat as long as he took wickets.

If Anderson plays on Thursday then here's how we should bat below 7;

Sidebottom
Hoggard
Anderson
Panesar

Sidebottom is decent enough, Hoggard can hold an end and Panesar and Anderson are good for a few boundaries every now and then.

Hoggard
Sidebottom
Plunkett
Panesar

I am a very big fan of James Anderson but have always maitained that he cant last an entire test match. I also believe that Plunkett is a gem in the rough who will sooner of later find the consistency he seems to lack at the moment.

Well, we've got 2 now. :rolleyes:
LMAO had forgotten about him. Udal would be perfect for us. :D

Which is the other 24hr cricket channel you`re talking about ? NEO Sports ?
Neo Sports shows some Tennis and Football too, isn`t it ?
Whatever it is, NEO Sports is crap .

I think we`d love to be playing an English attack with Udal in it .
I doubt whether Udal would love it though.

Despite what Udal did in India, I doubt he'll trouble the likes of Tendulkar and Ganguly who are such good players of spin. Monty, though, has the ability to tame god himself.:cool:

Neo Sports is only cricket. Neo Sports+ shows tennis, football and I don't think anyone is subscribed to it (I pay Rs. 5/- a month for it but it is not broadcasted to me). And regardless of whether it is crap or not, it is still a 24-hour cricket channel. And I cannot say I haven't enjoyed watching some of the domestic action repeats (they show a lot of the Deodhar Trophy) and the small library of Indian ODI victories that they have. :)

Despite what Udal did in India, I doubt he'll trouble the likes of Tendulkar and Ganguly who are such good players of spin. Monty, though, has the ability to tame god himself.:cool:

It will be a great challenge. Sachin will defo target him but Monty can more and hold his own

Broad included in the line up. Seems like it's between him and Anderson to make the debut. I think Broad'll play.

Broad included in the line up. Seems like it's between him and Anderson to make the debut. I think Broad'll play.

It wouldn't be James Anderson's test debut, would it? :rolleyes:

I think Anderson will sneak into the team. I wouldn't mind Broad in for the 3rd test when we're winning 2-0. He's too much of a risk in the first test of a series.

Users who are viewing this thread