India in England/Ireland/Scotland

He made a few fifties. He batted sensibly and really frustrated us.

Yeah, I wasn't really thinking about the lower order too much, it would probably go Kumble, Zaheer, RP and Sreesanth in that order.

Yep, with a Test average of 12.34, no mug with the bat either.

But let's be honest, any tail-ender can bat against England. You know what we're like!

Kumble was at the peak of his batting form when England toured India last year.
His batting has faded since then though.
He is a hard customer to get out and does not throw his wicket away like most tailenders.

Kumble was at the peak of his batting form when England toured India last year.
His batting has faded since then though.
He is a hard customer to get out and does not throw his wicket away like most tailenders.

From the looks of how he gets out and how he bats now, it seems his eyes are going a bit. They were never good, he used to wear glasses and probably wears contacts now.

From the looks of how he gets out and how he bats now, it seems his eyes are going a bit. They were never good, he used to wear glasses and probably wears contacts now.

Yeah he does wear contacts now, getting on a bit now Anil.
Probably still has some left in the tank to get wickets in this series. ;)

Steve Harmison has been ruled out of the Indian Series

Yeah he's going to have that hernia operation a big loss for England and I suppose India would be relived becuase Harmison back to his best rhythm in English conditions would be a handful for a team who a play in slow low conditions.

Here is an article about the Dhoni/Karthik keeping and opening issue:

Karthik ready for 'difficult' responsibility

Siddhartha Vaidyanathan at Lord's

July 17, 2007

Dinesh Karthik has admitted that taking up the dual responsibility of opening the batting and wicketkeeping will be "difficult" though he is ready to do the job if required during the Test series in England. Karthik, who's opened in the previous three Tests, has been working harder on his batting since that is his primary responsibility on this tour.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/302385.html

Karthik is a pretty good keeper although its a difficult job do as Alec Stewart didn't want to do both at the same time.

I would let Dhoni do it and if Karthik is needed I would recommend that he drop down order and Dravid can open.

Users who are viewing this thread