India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Aye, whatever reservations anyone has about James Anderson, you can't deny that he's looked good all throughout this year and particularly against the West Indies. One also has to appreciate the fact that he's a wicket taker and will guarantee you a wicket. I predict big things for Anderson this summer.

I'm sure i've already posted something like that in this thread before; My red rose bias has made me go in circles!
Lol. The most promising thing is that he seems to be pitching the ball up more and bowling over 85mph consistantly, occasionally touching 90mph.

The speed has surprised me. When he was at his best a few years ago he wasn't touching 90mph at all. I think his new action has made his delivery stride a lot smoother and at the point of release he is no longer all cramped together. That must be what's helping him bowl faster. I've always thought of him as a nippy bowler rather than one with pace, but if he can combine both then I won't be complaining.

A present for you England. Wrap your remaining bowlers in it so they don't get hurt before the start of the First Test.

Bubble%20wrap.jpg

I very much doubt that would work. They'd even manage to injure themselves in a large impenetrable underground vault.

All jokes aside, I think Hoggard's injury was from his action which is so closed off that he has to effectively bowl around his body. This would create enourmous strain on the back and what probably lead to his injury.

I cannot find any pictorial evidence to support this but I think you can all agree that his front foot is in a closed off position to his back foot and this could cause injuries. It is a shame that this is the main explanation for his booming outswing because if it weren't I am sure it would have been fixed by now and with it, he might have gained a yard of pace.

That leaves Vaughan with an inexperienced bowling attack at Lord's, likely to consist of James Anderson, Ryan Sidebottom, Monty Panesar and one of uncapped duo Stuart Broad and Chris Tremlett.

Surely it will be Broad, good news for you Matt looks like Anderson is in.

Yep, I'd pick Jimmy over Tremlett anyday. Tremlett doesnt really seem to use his height to his advantage, his pace is actually lower than Andersons from what i've seen. Anderson has been bowling really well this season, his recent 5fer on an unforgiving pitch against Yorkshire was a good one. He should play. Dissapointing that Hoggy is pretty much injured though, he's not had much luck this summer.

If Anderson somehow doesn't get picked then the selectors have all the common sense of a house fly.

Just thought id point out this from 606

It would seem the majority have overlooked the major benefit Sidebottom gives the team.

Being left arm over he will rough up an area outside a right handers off stump.

With Monty being in the team it could be a tactical reason they include him.

Monty is a huge "tweaker" of the ball, and as such Sidebottoms "debris and roughing" of the pitch creates a problem in terms of judging the bounce.Three or four close catchers and a bounce which is not predicatable gives even the greatest players concern.

Also if India play their left armer, then Monty will be a major threat.

I never really thought of it like that but it may explain why montys been so dangerous already this 'Summer'. Its a good point :).

We may have a weakened bowling line-up but our best bowlers so far this Summer (Sidey and Panesar) are still there. Batting has been our strong point anyway. Anderson has looked in very good form and Broad deserves his chance.

I think a bowling attack of Broad, Anderson, Sidebottom and Panesar would be murdered against India.

Users who are viewing this thread