India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Broad, Anderson, Sidebottom and Panesar is a lot more lethal than an attack of Khan, Sreesanth, RP Singh and Kumble.

They sound quite even to me.
The batting will be important becuase its the side that gets the most runs on the board to give their teams bowlers something to bowl at.

That's alarmingly true especially when you consider that James Anderson practically has to rely on people being injured to get a game these days.

I never really thought of it like that but it may explain why montys been so dangerous already this 'Summer'. Its a good point :).

There certainly were footholes all over the pitches, but I'd figured the Windies spent more time making them than Sidebottom.

I was about to post a simular post to this about 3 hours ago but I went to check the spelling of someone on cricinfo, came back and my words were gone. :mad:

Anyway, I was going to say what some people have been saying since then, I am worried about our bowling against their batting. With Hoggy probably out our bowling attack will be probably be:

Sidebottom
Anderson
Broad
Panesar

All our pace bowlers are yet to be proven at test level. Sidebottom has just taken a lot of cheap wickets against the West Indies, Anderson has been in and out of the side for the last four years, and Broad would of course be making his debut.

The Indian batting line up will probably be (probs not in this order):

Karthick (I am not risiking looking up the spelling again)
Jaffer
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Laxman
Dhoni

Look at that middle order, it is quality, albiet it Laxman and Tendulkar are a bit out of form but class players like that can turn it round.

But having said all that, our batting look to have the beating of their bowlers, so I expect a lot of bat dominated games in this series!

these tests are gonna be a draw with those bowling lineups compared to the two good batting lineups...

Well I think we have to look beyond bad luck and ask how it is that our entire 5-man Ashes attack are now injured? We can't keep blaming ill fortune; instead we need to be looking at the training procedures in place and the amount of cricket being played.
As KP said recently the team are exhausted. What could have been a cracking test series between two evenly matched sides will now be a colossal waste of time as we will struggle to bowl India out once and let alone twice in a match. I hope I'm forced to eat my words at the end of the series but I can't see it happening.

Troy Cooley was responsible to maximising the efficiency of muscles for the England bowlers, ie. preventing injury. He leaves and they all break down.

Hmm...:)

I think it's incredibly naive to immediately rule out England's chances of bowling India out twice. Lest we not forget that we are in England and England is very different to India. True, most of the Indians have played in England before, but that still doesn't make them experts in our conditions does it? We've never seen this bowling attack bowl together so although we can't guarantee that they will fire, we also can't guarantee that they'll flop straight away. It's not as if Anderson is a complete novice, Sidebottom is a seasoned pro, Monty is Monty and if Broad is as good as everyone says he is then he won't have too much trouble making the step up to Test cricket.

Stop moaning about our bowling attack and get behind the team; Of course we can bowl them out twice.

Not moaning, just telling it how it is. :) I still think we will pull through and win this series, although with only three tests there is little margin for error.

I feel that this might just be a good match. The bowling "attacks" from both teams are relatively inexperienced. So it will either be a good contest or a boring draw. I dont see the bowlers winning this match for either side since hoggard and harmison arent there.

Zaheer and Sreesanth might be the key for India since Zak has played a season of county and Sree showed some promise in the tour games. ENgland bowlers only have the home advantage which is the only reason I give them a chance. If you are going purely by experience then the ENglish bowlers will get whacked.

As far as the batting goes it looks pretty even for both sides. India's opening partnership might well prove to be the difference in what we score. In any case I want Sachin to score a hundred. He deserves his name on honors board at the home of cricket for all his years of service to the game. Dravid also needs to come up big for India though I also feel that the young guns getting good scores in important for the future of Indian Cricket.

Talking about bowling attacks, once again we can see what Australia has that every country lacks. Aussies cud have Lee, Bracken and Tait injured and still have a world class bowling attack. I think other countries need to catch on to this soon. This is probably the main reason why aus are always nearly unbeatable, not to mention their excelence in every other department of the game.

India tried to follow the Aussie pattern with Chappell by resting key players during certain matches. Problem was they would rest them the moment the series was won. And combining that with shuffling batting lineups did not help. That isnt how aus does it. Aus set rest dates before any series is decided. And they never made any major batting lineup changes.

Users who are viewing this thread