India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Harmison out for the series and Hoggard most likely out of first Test. Bloody hell.....

Harmison out for the series and Hoggard most likely out of first Test. Bloody hell.....

I dont understand how the England players fall like a heap just before an Indian series? I hope Hoggard comes back for the second test. I dont want people to say we played against a second string line up (anyhow beating an England international team in England is achievement enough!).

Come on Sachin! Get that hundred tomorrow! I am going to watch you this series. The hype has gotten into me and I am badly waiting for this series, esp. the match starting tomorrow at Lords. Its that 'big three' talk that sucked me in. Its the usual hope that they might have something special in store for an exciting contest.

These England players would hurt themselves lying down.

I dont understand how the England players fall like a heap just before an Indian series? I hope Hoggard comes back for the second test. I dont want people to say we played against a second string line up (anyhow beating an England international team in England is achievement enough!).

Come on Sachin! Get that hundred tomorrow! I am going to watch you this series. The hype has gotten into me and I am badly waiting for this series, esp. the match starting tomorrow at Lords. Its that 'big three' talk that sucked me in. Its the usual hope that they might have something special in store for an exciting contest.

I was watching a report on the BBC website a while ago about something about an Indian event happening (if someone could enlighten me on that) so they desperately want to go back to India with a win.

Look at that middle order, it is quality, albiet it Laxman and Tendulkar are a bit out of form but class players like that can turn it round.
If 171 against a decent bowling line up is out of form, I cannot wait for this series to get going.

I meant well usually he would be in form.
I fear the worst for later on today if India bat first and Sach gets going.

I cant remember the last time England had their best team playing, so I dont think it really matters. Go back to 2005 when England beat Australia in the epic series, and England's bowling comprised of Harmison, Hoggard and Jones. None of them will playing today. This gives India a fantastic oppurtunity to become the first team to win a series in England since 2001.

I'm still pretty set on a draw...neither attack looks especially threatening apart from both spinners. Hopefully the pitch won't dead flat as it has been for over a year.

Englands back up though is 'potentially' good although if India bat well the inexperience may take its toll on Englands young attack.

Talking about bowling attacks, once again we can see what Australia has that every country lacks. Aussies cud have Lee, Bracken and Tait injured and still have a world class bowling attack. I think other countries need to catch on to this soon. This is probably the main reason why aus are always nearly unbeatable, not to mention their excelence in every other department of the game.

They wouldn't have a world class bowling attack.

Users who are viewing this thread