India in England/Ireland/Scotland

It will take a quick explosive spell from Sreesanth and miserly, accurate spell from Kumble to bowl England out for under 450 or at all.

Well, England not picking Broad is a joke. I have never seen enough in Tremlett to believe he is good enough at this level, especially against a batting line-up as strong as India's. I realise he has never been given prolonged chances and he's come in for a game here and there, but there has never been a little glimpse of anything you could say that could prove him. This choice will probably backfire, and with the pitch so flat. I just so a bore draw with 500 scored for each side.

We are 40/0 after 5 overs, amazingly. And that is after the first over was a maiden!

I can see us getting a big total again, Strauss is due a century, and he is at his home ground, so he is the one I hope gets the really big score.

Seeing this bowling makes me feel a lot better about our bowling attack.

*awaits kiss of death*

This is the problem I have with Sreesanth. He will either come out and completely rip your batting apart or he'll go for runs, and quickly. If he can develop a middle ground he could become incredibly successful, he just needs the right handleing from the India coaches and boards etc. Because he is a massive talent.

Strauss stills looks edgy out there. Boy does he need a hundred.

Why is Cook so good?

Cook's just got everything; The talent, the ability, the technique, the temperament. If he continues like this he could be our best bat for generations.

India must be hoping that Kumble performs today. If there pacemen carry on like this they are in for a long day.

That's the only problem I see Cook having today; Kumble. If he can see him off then he should get to another Lords hundred.

I fully expect Cook to lose all three stumps now...I should keep my mouth shut.

Aye, but most of the Indian fans seem to think that the louder they blow on them, the more of a fan they are. Although what a musical instrument has to do with cricket i'll never know.
Looks like the ICC was thinking along these lines when they banned instruments during the World Cup and effect destroyed the whole atmosphere of Carribbean cricket.

Indian pacers off to a poor start, as expected. Looks like they are struggling to cope with the slope, as they have been bowling quite a bit wide outside leg and off-stump.

Although the killer would be bowling over and over on the pads of the batsmen.

Last edited:
This is shocking. Really, I knew they weren't great, but the Indian bowlers are bowling crap. Get Kumble in to stem the flow of runs.

Shocking stuff from the Indians. I would say that Cook is going along nicely, but he hasn't really had to play many deliveries that weren't on his legs.

EDIT: SAURAV!!

Gone. Cook has been dismissed LBW by Saurav Ganguly. Cook was getting into position too early and not playing for the late swing.

The Prince is thrilled!

Great first hour for England, the highlights package on Sky was just showing it going through midwicket and square leg so often, 8 boundaries through there I counted. As I talk Cook is out LBW to Ganguly, though he got unlucky imo, missing off, don't know why Lloyd thought it looked plumb it never did! Shame.

Lol, typical English opener's luck that. Says a lot about India's bowling when they have to rely on a man averaging 55 to get their wickets!

India are bolwing way too much on the pads of the two left handers.
We are in for a long,long day of leather-hunting here on a flat batting track.

Even the thought of KP scares me now.We are in big trouble if we don`t get a couple of wickets now.
Ganguly into the attack, I would like to have a bat now!

And the most impressive thing this morning has been STARCRICKET`s coverage, a superb commentary team and good TV graphics (one for the patchmakers to make now).
Good to see Ian Chappel being included in their commentary team, especially because they do not have Boycs now.

Users who are viewing this thread