India in England/Ireland/Scotland

He looked like he had been shot the way his cap flew off.

I thought he had thrown the ball in the air after catching it. It was such an easy chance.

Congratulations Matt. David Gower just read out your email moaning about Chris Tremlett's selection!

England have done better than I thought they would do this morning. I had a bad feeling that we would be bowled out for under 200.

Haha, that's the 4th time i've had a letter read out on Sky Sports. Shame I was on the crapper when he said it. Go on give me my glory, what did he say? :p

India need to do something before this game disapears from them. Kumble back in, would of wanted to see him earlier

Well the Sky commentators believe there is nothing in this pitch for the bowlers except bounce, so I doubt Ganguly got anything from the pitch in that dismissal. I think it was the change in pace plus the break of concentration during the drinks interval which got India the breakthrough.

But nevertheless, getting Cook was important for India because he is one who keeps getting the big scores for England. Also England will need to post a big score (450+) and relatively quickly (which they have done well till now) in order to stand a chance of winning this game. Looking at the pitch, plus the inexperience in the bowling, it'll be hard to get the Indian batsmen out twice.

But I for one am happy that Tremlett got the nod over Broad, and Anderson was a must in Hoggard's absence.

So as your an India and England fan which way is your allegiance?

e can't have any excuses either. There's been sun in the sky for 2 months!

Closer to 4.5 Billion years tbh ;)

---

Much better bowling by India, saying that though Vaughan is looking in good touch and Strauss is hanging on for dear life. Ganguly has been impressive, very tight bowling.

I know they say its a batting pitch but india are struggling big time

It's not surprising zub. The last time England didn't declare in their 1st innings at Lords was when Aus and Mr McGrath bowled us out in 2005. The bowling has been better this afternoon. India could really do with a 6"6 pace bowler to hit the deck hard.

1 more session to go. What do you guys think any wickets

Good session, what did i tell ya about Strauss being on for a hundred ?

England look well on top here. India do need a real pace bowler though, Fidel Edwards would be a big bonus for them, they just dont have anyone like him.

It's not surprising zub. The last time England didn't declare in their 1st innings at Lords was when Aus and Mr McGrath bowled us out in 2005. The bowling has been better this afternoon. India could really do with a 6"6 pace bowler to hit the deck hard.

Any names? Sreesanth on form is about as quick as India get. Even VRV only touches 140.

I read somewhere that munaf patel had real pace on him once was that true

In his first few tours he was 85mph and there were rumours he could touch 150kph but that is it.

Im at work so cant watch this game because of internet restrictions!! AARGH!!

Anyway, India not doing well at all. Really disappointing to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread