India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Ganguly is certainly extracting something off the pitch and Zaheer brought increased control in his last over. It is a shame that Sreesanth is not bowling well because he is one of the only ways I believe India can bowl out England with.

Since the wicket by ganguly, zaheer looks to be doing well. India need to make sure they keep on getting wickets at regular intervals. It will be good to see how kumble bowls

Ganguly is certainly extracting something off the pitch and Zaheer brought increased control in his last over. It is a shame that Sreesanth is not bowling well because he is one of the only ways I believe India can bowl out England with.

Well the Sky commentators believe there is nothing in this pitch for the bowlers except bounce, so I doubt Ganguly got anything from the pitch in that dismissal. I think it was the change in pace plus the break of concentration during the drinks interval which got India the breakthrough.

But nevertheless, getting Cook was important for India because he is one who keeps getting the big scores for England. Also England will need to post a big score (450+) and relatively quickly (which they have done well till now) in order to stand a chance of winning this game. Looking at the pitch, plus the inexperience in the bowling, it'll be hard to get the Indian batsmen out twice.

But I for one am happy that Tremlett got the nod over Broad, and Anderson was a must in Hoggard's absence.

I would bring maybe kumble or someone else now ganguly has done his job for now

Here comes...

Shanthakumaran "Kiss the bling, do the cross symbol, kiss the badge, wear a hundred wrist bands" Sreesanth

Good to see Chris Tremlett getting a test go, I've always been interested in the young paceman from Hampshire. England looking good so far.

LOL!!!! Goodness me that is the easiest chance I have ever seen dropped!

Is the luck changing for Strauss?

That is ridiculous, Karthik seems to be inable to catch without the gloves and needs to be hidden in the field it seems, not put at backward point.

One of the few times in my life I've shouted at the screen. He better get a 100 or get him out of the team !!

First Test: England Vs India at Lords – Lunch

Michael Vaughan tosses the coin a good ten feet in the air and Rahul Dravid called tails. The coin lands on heads, England have won the toss and Vaughan chooses to have a bat first. The England bowlers warming up have a huge grin on their faces and the Indian’s a more inverted grin. The pitch report reveals a tinge of moisture in what is a batsman’s paradise, the groundsman going as far as saying it is the best pitch he has ever prepared.

Some slow, wayward, leg side bowling from Sreesanth and Zaheer Khan wasted the new ball as England raced to 40 off just 5 overs. However, showing maturity way beyond his years, RP Singh settled into a rhythm bowling a good length outside off stump and stemmed the flow of runs somewhat, conceding just 12 off his five over spell. At drinks, England had steadily and safely reached 76/0. After an Indian team huddle, Saurav Ganguly, the ex India captain was thrown the ball to have a go with his 70mph floaters. The results was instant and miraculous, his second ball beat Cook’s outside edge and the forth struck him on the pad trapping him LBW for 36. With Ganguly, Khan and later Sreesanth starting to find their lines and lengths, Rahul Dravid decided to bring on Kumble in an attempt to bring a further breakthrough into the solid England batting line up.

Kumble, after starting with a high full toss settled in nicely with his miserly line and length and flat trajectory. Meanwhile, Dinesh Karthik dropped a sitter at backward point of Sreesanth as Strauss added more to his streaky innings and Vaughan edged one off Kumble through third man for four. India increased the strangle hold looking for the vital second wicket but to no avail as England ended the first session of the First Test at 115/1

Bet India are glad Dhoni is behind the stumps lol. Strauss on for 100 now tbh :D. Sreesanth got his line and length correct as the session went on, and lost the nerves that he had at the start. It was a poor shot from Strauss to induce the dropped catch though, his leg just buckled and just lofted it to backward point. Seems to happen alot in pro cricket, havent seen the ball go in the air to backward point in club cricket yet ? wonder why :?. Good start though. I spent most of the session putting an extra yellow grip on my woodworm, annoyingly got a nasty blister on my right hand now, not having a grip cone ftl. Managed to get a good view of 99% of the session though, i love test cricket. Especially now that its against a decent side, that offer England some competition. Roll on afternoon session.

Users who are viewing this thread