India in England/Ireland/Scotland

1 Andrew Strauss, 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Michael Vaughan (capt), 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Ian Bell, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Chris Tremlett, 9 Ryan Sidebottom, 10 James Anderson, 11 Monty Panesar

No Stuart Broad id be annoyed to say the least if i was him.

What in the name of greek buggary is Tremlett doing in the squad?

Oh well, good luck to him. If he's got those three lions on then he's got my support.

Yes, certainly a shocking move.

As cricket chat forum moderator, can I remind all of you not to just post a score update e.g. "10/1 off 5 overs", because we can all just look on cricinfo for the score.

However, posting "10/1 off 5 overs, England in a bit of trouble here", is fine.

Argh! It infuriates me when they say Anderson is a straight swap for Hoggard. He's not! Hoggard is a genuine swing bowler and Anderson is a seam bowler. Lot of pressure on Anderson, Sidey and Panesar today. If the Tremlett gamble doesn't pay off then England will be right in the cack.

1 Andrew Strauss, 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Michael Vaughan (capt), 4 Kevin Pietersen, 5 Paul Collingwood, 6 Ian Bell, 7 Matt Prior (wk), 8 Chris Tremlett, 9 Ryan Sidebottom, 10 James Anderson, 11 Monty Panesar

No Stuart Broad id be annoyed to say the least if i was him.

Broad would have been a better selection than Tremlett considering Broad bowled well in the 3 day match.

Tremlett is lucky that he is said to be the replacement for Harmison, all he has to do to better him is not bowl a wide every spell nor a short wide one every over :)

I hope to God that the Lords groundstaff have confiscated any of those damn horns the Indians always use.

Aye, but most of the Indian fans seem to think that the louder they blow on them, the more of a fan they are. Although what a musical instrument has to do with cricket i'll never know.

Tremlett is lucky that he is said to be the replacement for Harmison, all he has to do to better him is not bowl a wide every spell nor a short wide one every over :)

:rolleyes: That's all he did to get to No1 too!

I was taken aback by the Tremlett selection, but thinking about it I like it. He's 6"7 so he's going to get good bounce he bowls around Mid 80s and he's pretty accurate. The tail is quite long though, but tbh it's Lords so it's going to be a draw.

Tremlett has hardly played for Hampshire much this season though so i'm not worried about whether or not he takes wickets, i'm worried if he can last two innings.

Sureshot said:
That's all he did to get to No1 too!
And down to number 21 :)

EDIT: India team as expected.

1. Karthik
2. Jaffer
3. Dravid*
4. Tendulkar
5. Ganguly
6. VVS Laxman
7. Dhoni+
8. Kumble
9. Khan
10. RP Singh
11. Sreesanth

Last edited:
Fact is he has been there, which shows he can do it. Not many seamers can claim that accolade.

We're going to bat first. Another boring Lord's draw. They really should dump this ground or get rid of the groundsman.

Users who are viewing this thread